Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ianmaca

FSX MISSING TRAFFIC

I have totally lost all ground and air traffic in FSX Deluxe. I have rebuilt the FSX file without success. In major airports I have water traffic in the sea but no ground vehicles or planes at the airports nor airborne. Anyone have any suggestions. I'm fairly new to the Sim world and have fathomed most problems but this one I'm lost with. Thanks - Ianmaca

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ianmaca,Welcome - One thing that could do this in FSX is a mix of traffic from FS9 (and earlier version) and FSX.If you put a "traffic.bgl" from any other version than FSX in FSX - FSX traffic is not shown.Hope this helps

I think it is worth noting here that you folks are talking about FSX "default" traffic. All of your FS9 traffic files (not default) will work in FSX. Just take out the FSX default traffic file and your AI environment you moved from FS9 will come to life. There are a few exceptions. If you purchase new FSX airport scenery packages from Aerosoft or FSDdreamTeam you won't see your AI traffic. These developers are using a ground texture technique that prevents AI traffic from displaying properly. A couple of the packages have work-arounds for this issue but you will loose the airport runway lights for night flying. Check the developer forums for the latest information concerning this problem.fb

Thanks for the new scenery tip. I installed Aerosoft Heathrow scenery and that looks like the cause. I now need to install and see if that helps the problem. Will need to see if it removes the added ground texture that you have mentioned. I dont have FS9 so the old file is not available. Many thanks - Ianmaca