Sign in to follow this  
andiflyit

Gamepad and some Mallorca shots

Hi all,

inspired by P_7878 and his Xbox I was interested to see if I can fly in the simulator by using a gamepad as main controller on a pc.

I don't have a Xbox but I have a standard gamepad in the drawer which I bought some time ago to try something out. But I never used it instead of the joystick.

So I started my old PC where I usually don't fly and my one and only joystick is plugged into the simulator. On the old PC I still have an installation of XP10

and so I plugged in the gamepad there. And fired up XP10 and I could assign the x,y and z axis to the main pins there. There are more pins and buttons

all around the thing but I have the other keys all assigned to the keyboard.

Very interesting: It worked from the first second on without problems for planes, helicopter is a bit more difficult, have to practice that, it's too sensitive.

A big advantage is that the gamepad is much smaller on the desk. So such a gamepad can be used for flying on a pc and I can learn more how to do it.

I did a little flight around Mallorca and did some shots from the old scenery in XP10.

The scenery is made of Spain UHD orthoscenery which is originally for XP10, simheaven overlay for XP10 and the nice scenery for Palma area @Mallorca_10.1.6.

and the LEPA airport freeware for XP10 by TDG.

NfEGIRZ.jpg

xbZGOPn.jpg

wek3QTv.jpg

zMncwue.jpg

cub2tw1.jpg

Obtgi2e.jpg

5LvPiAO.jpg

Xnzyj7c.jpg

K3oTMFJ.jpg

8kQt12e.jpg

rW35o9b.jpg

G1oFlqM.jpg

s83sfM9.jpg

sUqAQFz.jpg

NV89AWL.jpg

z8WYMz0.jpg

Thank you very much for viewing!

Cheers

Andreas

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

Inspired by Xbox....🙂...Oh well...PC is PC and Xbox is Xbox....including the fact that my teenager is more interested in Xbox gaming...🙂...of which MSFS is part of...

Anyway, a good trial...Andreas...!

I've a Thrustmaster Controller plus a keyboard along with the Xbox Gamepad which I mostly use for Camera and Screenshots....

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 11:40 PM, P_7878 said:

Anyway, a good trial...Andreas...!

Yes PM_7878, didn't exactly know what you have connected to the Xbox, of course with a Thrustmaster and a keyboard the Xbox will behave similar to a PC. 🙂

But I am still running an interesting test on the older pc where I fly only with the gamepad. And at least for planes it works quite well....it's easy.

• Upvote 1

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

Posted (edited)

Nice capture of those shots buddy !

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.22H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Thank's a lot PM! 🙂

• Like 1