Sign in to follow this  
Epikk

Zink plugin bridge won't stay enabled

Hi all,

Does anyone here has this issue where the "Use Zink plugin bridge" graphic setting won't stay enabled in XP12 ?

I'm using the latest beta version of XP12 and no matter how many times I restart XP12 it comes back unmarked. It used to work just fine.

Any way to force Zink ? Or should I wait for the next update ?

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

If I remember correctly it is currently only available for AMD (and also I think only for newest drivers) because there have been problems with Nvidia. I probably got it from here https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/284304-x-plane-amd-zink-what-you-should-know

You can still force it by running X-plane with --zink, though.

Waiting for 12.1.0 is probably a good answer to many graphics questions now 😉.

57 minutes ago, Epikk said:

Hi all,

Does anyone here has this issue where the "Use Zink plugin bridge" graphic setting won't stay enabled in XP12 ?

I'm using the latest beta version of XP12 and no matter how many times I restart XP12 it comes back unmarked. It used to work just fine.

Any way to force Zink ? Or should I wait for the next update ?

It doesnt work on Nvidia yet due to a driver bug, and wont be enables until laminar confirms its fixed. Doesnt currently make much diff for Nvidia anyway, its only there as interface for plugins.

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention I have an AMD GPU : RX 7900 XTX with Adrenalin and latest drivers installed (v24.3.1 atm) on Win 11.😅

Let's hope 12.1.0 isn't too far away. 

3 hours ago, Epikk said:

Any way to force Zink

Flightwusel mentions the command line flag to force it on every time: --zink. You either have to run it from the command line every time you start the sim or modify whatever windows shortcut you may have created. Can also create a .bat file as a shortcut with that flag in the command.

I also recall hearing someone have success deleting the zink file in the Output/preferences folder in the main XP install directory. Never had the issue myself so can't corroborate their result.

• Like 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Thanks a lot I believe deleting the "gfx_zink" file in Output/preferences did the trick. 🤩

• Upvote 1