Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

How is the Cockspur Mustang (now that the dust's settled)?

Posted (edited)

I hope JYW doesn't mind my borrowing his thread title, but it's exactly what I have in mind too except that it's for the Cockspur Mustang, and I couldn't think of a better one at the moment. Why re-invent the wheel right? 🙂

I couldn't find any change logs since the Mustang's release over a year ago. It's on sale at an offer that's hard to refuse in the Marketplace (63% off).  Do all the buttons and switches work? Is the manual available for download? Does the keyboard work?  Autopilot? Is it still being supported and updated? Thank you.

Edited by bofhlusr
  • Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

I hope JYW doesn't mind my borrowing his thread title, but it's exactly what I have in mind too except that it's for the Cockspur Mustang, and I couldn't think of a better one at the moment. Why re-invent the wheel right? 🙂

I couldn't find any change logs since the Mustang's release over a year ago. It's on sale at an offer that's hard to refuse in the Marketplace (63% off).  Do all the buttons and switches work? Is the manual available for download? Does the keyboard work?  Autopilot? Is it still being supported and updated? Thank you.

Last I flew it (after the FADEC update) it was not much improved.

No keyboard, although I *think* most other buttons did work other than MACH hold switch over. Although some have no sound when switched.

Autopilot works as it's the WT G1000.

Graphically it is uninspiring, sounds are poor, permanently hangared for me although I would add - it's on the slow side for what I like to fly (although I still fly the VisionJet), and I dislike the G1000 (in general, nothing to do with WT).

G

Edit: Just to add, last update was at the end of last year, so whilst they are slow coming it is still being updated.

Edited by Gazzareth

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Posted (edited)

Yeah, @Gazzareth sums it up pretty well.  It's just flat compared to most of it's peers (Visionjet, Hondajet, even the default CJ4).   The sounds are flat, the textures are flat.  However, the flight handling characteristics feel pretty good to me.   If I 'lost' it would I buy it again?   No.   😊

Bought on sale, it's not terrible (in the way that the Sim Federation Cessna TTX piston, that the devloper has used a turbo prop engine in, is). It's just not very satisfying. 

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

It is one of the FEW devs that include a good user guide with the aircraft.

Unfortunately, many of us have not a real clue about a developers tendencies. I am guilty of buying a few planes and although I enjoyed them initially.... I still have regrets they ever received my money.

I went with the FSW LearJet and love it.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---