Sign in to follow this  
borisvp

Read LVars from sim fails

Posted (edited)

Hi,

As ist says in the title - I try to read the LVars from the BKSQ TBM850, but it keeps failing. My version is 4.10b51, and lorbysi-content-hooks is present in Community.

I'm trying to find the variable for a specific button.

Boris

Edited by borisvp

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, borisvp said:

but it keeps failing

What does that look like? Are you flying in MSFS Beta or the normal production version?

17 hours ago, borisvp said:

I'm trying to find the variable for a specific button.

Check if the button operates the MSFS default: an Input Event. If the aircraft developer chose to implement them, then you will find them in the normal Event treelist in the group "MSFS Input Events". The BKSQ TBM850 has a few of those.

If there is no Input Event, then, if you want to investigate a button or lever, use the MSFS Developer Mode -> Tools -> Behaviors. Once this dialog is open, click back into the sim, then hover the mouse cursor over the control that you are interested in and press Ctrl - G. In most cases the behavior code of that switch or lever now shows up in the dialog. First, investigate the Mouse interaction code in the components called Asobo_GT_Interaction_LeftSingle... (or Wheel, etc.). This contains the code that is executed when you perform the associated mouse action. And that is what you want to replicate in AAO. 

On said dialog there is also a tab that contains all LocalVariables (=LVars). Just be mindful that LVars are not events of any kind and that, generally speaking, they don't actually do anything. That changing an LVar can potentially trigger something in the cockpit is in most cases pure coincidence. There is even the possibility that changing the LVar will move the switch - but will not trigger the actual aircraft system that the switch operates (= when the LVar is only used for the switch animation, nothing else)

What button are you looking for exactly?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI