Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Payware Airports that need updates

1 hour ago, JYW said:

I absolutely love UK2000's new EGNC ..... I'd wanted a payware version of that airport in the sim for years, for lovely, short, local test flights to/from Newcastle.  I hear what you're saying about the aviation museum though. It's not fab but I don't look at it too often.  And yes the Eddie Stobart trucks 🙂  Still the main buildings and ground area is great I think, for the price.....

I do not have a problem with the rest of Carlisle airport. It's just that when I see other airport addons with much more accurately modelled static aircraft/aviation museums, I expect to see this done everywhere. It spoils the immersion for me when stuff like this is missing.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, F737MAX said:

And 'expensive'.

Recently bought BBD's EGTH aerodrome for £14.40 and realised Pilot Plus' EGGD international sells for £13.39. Much prefer Pilot Plus' add-ons for UK scenery.

When I'm looking for UK airfileds, I'll look for Pilot Plus, Orbx and others. Burning Blue will be at the end of the preference list.  And yes, when they're not on sale, the BB airfields are really expensive for what they are. Bought some recently at their maxxed out £14.81 price... and there really isn't a lot there.  A couple of unimpressively modelled/textured buildings and some clutter.  That's about it.   I've given up with them now.  IIRC, BBD were originally the UK-based (Hampshire) arm of Orbx in the late 2000s/2010s, that then went independent as "Sim 720" and are now BBD.   I was never impressed with the Orbx products that were made by the UK group.   Always compared weakly against the main Orbx devs.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)

Burning Blue Design were once SIM720? :huh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Burning Blue Design did not form from Sim720. Sim720 sort of morphed into Turbulent Designs who no longer exist. 

Apart from distributing through Orbx, BBD never had any connection to Orbx though are clearly are inspired by the small UK strips done in the past by Orbx. 

3 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

Burning Blue Design did not form from Sim720. Sim720 sort of morphed into Turbulent Designs who no longer exist. 

Apart from distributing through Orbx, BBD never had any connection to Orbx though are clearly are inspired by the small UK strips done in the past by Orbx. 

Apologies, my bad.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

FlightBeam DEN - needs terminal layout updates to modern day, some taxi sign adjustments.

I’d like to see that TNP windsock fixed as well.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Aerosoft Berlin Brandenburg in summer

There will also be a rename of their runways from 07/25 to 08/26