Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Developers start to embrace Active Sky: FSHud

Posted (edited)

Developers start to embrace ASFS. FSHud has just released a new Beta version with ASFS integration. So now FSHud can be used with ASFS weather - which includes historical weather. Great!

Who's next?

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Developers start to embrace ASFS. FSHud has just released a new Beta version with ASFS integration. So now FSHud can be used with ASFS weather - which includes historical weather. Great!

Who's next?

And talking about ATC addons, P2ATC already worked/works with Active Sky.

• Like 2

I'm sure BATC will do the same, the intergration is extremely easy. Just read a file AS automatically creates and feed it into the app instead of the NOAA data.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm sure BATC will do the same, the intergration is extremely easy. Just read a file AS automatically creates and feed it into the app instead of the NOAA data.

Yes, I hope many others will follow soon.

For example it would be nice to get the ASFS (historical) weather in the Fenix too. @Aamir😉

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Yes, I hope many others will follow soon.

For example it would be nice to get the ASFS (historical) weather in the Fenix too. @Aamir😉

Agreed. I was going to ask Aamir that on the Discord, but figured he'd see it soon enough. A Simbrief flight plan should include everything needed (right?), but checking METAR info from the MCDU will likely need a new endpoint for the data.

45 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

A Simbrief flight plan should include everything needed (right?)

Yes. It would also automatically send historical wind data to the FMC, if you upload those to Simbrief (via the Simbrief downloader... which in this case actually acts as an uploader), since the Fenix and others get it directly from the Simbrief API.
And yes, for METAR they'd have to intercept the weather data ActiveSky injects. Certainly not technically impossible, just a question of how much people ask for it. I have a feeling FBW will be the first to integrate it. And maybe, just maybe, they might also be the first to base their weather radar on ActiveSky (assuming it's technically possible).