Sign in to follow this  
jt233

EFB in the Horizon Sim 787 not working.

So I recently installed the plane and have an issue with not being able to enter an airport into the EFB. In general, I am familiar with how the EFB works as I have used in other planes such as the PMDG 747 and 777 in P3D, Basically I am able to enter some info into the performance page of the EFB manually such as the weather and weights but no matter what I do, I can't enter an airport into this page as I can click the search airport button, and it looks like it's doing something but nothing happens. Also, nothing happens when I click the copy the FMC data button even though I have a route entered and fill out all the data in the PERF page.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Jason Thiers

2 hours ago, jt233 said:

So I recently installed the plane and have an issue with not being able to enter an airport into the EFB. In general, I am familiar with how the EFB works as I have used in other planes such as the PMDG 747 and 777 in P3D, Basically I am able to enter some info into the performance page of the EFB manually such as the weather and weights but no matter what I do, I can't enter an airport into this page as I can click the search airport button, and it looks like it's doing something but nothing happens. Also, nothing happens when I click the copy the FMC data button even though I have a route entered and fill out all the data in the PERF page.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

I can only tell you what I do: I only calculate performance when I entered at least the RTE page in the FMC (origin and destination airport), usually by uploading the flightplan from Simbrief. When I then turn to the EFB, the airport is already prefilled. I suppose it takes it right from the departure airport field in the FMC. So enter that first in the FMC and try again.

By the way: I think the "copy FMC" button copies the performance data TO the FMC by the way.

11 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I can only tell you what I do: I only calculate performance when I entered at least the RTE page in the FMC (origin and destination airport), usually by uploading the flightplan from Simbrief. When I then turn to the EFB, the airport is already prefilled. I suppose it takes it right from the departure airport field in the FMC. So enter that first in the FMC and try again.

By the way: I think the "copy FMC" button copies the performance data TO the FMC by the way.

Thank you for help. So I did have the RTE page filled in with an origin and destination airport and imported a flight plan from Sim Brief as well as hit the execute button on the FMC, but it doesn't put the airport into the EFB performance page, and I have tried a few different airports. Regarding the copy FMC data button according to the tutorial, I watched the button is supposed to copy the altimeter setting from the plane GW and ZFW from the FMC. Also, I'm not sure if the EFB also will calculate the performance for landing, but that button is greyed out for me. I did make sure I have the latest version of the plane, but still have these issues.

Jason Thiers

13 hours ago, jt233 said:

Thank you for help. So I did have the RTE page filled in with an origin and destination airport and imported a flight plan from Sim Brief as well as hit the execute button on the FMC, but it doesn't put the airport into the EFB performance page, and I have tried a few different airports. Regarding the copy FMC data button according to the tutorial, I watched the button is supposed to copy the altimeter setting from the plane GW and ZFW from the FMC. Also, I'm not sure if the EFB also will calculate the performance for landing, but that button is greyed out for me. I did make sure I have the latest version of the plane, but still have these issues.

Maybe it‘s something else needed, flightnumber, departure runway in the LEGS page or something like that.

No landing calculation isn‘t included (yet).