Sign in to follow this  
HewPilot

Collision with AI

Hi Nico,

I use your app a lot and have very good traffic immersive and coverage with realtime data. 

One thing I want to check. I use the option to remove AI traffic from collision ground and air. All these are checked.

But on ground AI desapear only when Im a few meter from them.

On air today I was landing on final a AI come over me and Land before me.

Thanks for help.

10 hours ago, HewPilot said:

But on ground AI desapear only when Im a few meter from them.

Yeah, that's how it is supposed to work. It prevents collsiions. 

10 hours ago, HewPilot said:

On air today I was landing on final a AI come over me and Land before me.

Yeah that's okay too, you did not collide, did you?

If you wanted, you could have prevented that guy overtaking you by blocking it's callsign. You must have seen him on the TCAS and in LittelNavMap a while ago already (unless it really popped up out of nowhere).

So Im thinking an option like no traffic around 5 miles during take off and landing.

On ground its like hit me then desapear

Kindle.

2 hours ago, HewPilot said:

So Im thinking an option like no traffic around 5 miles during take off and landing.

No sorry, that would let too many aircraft disappear, as well in your sim as in your TCAS. You better not use PSXT if you do not want real live traffic around you. 😉 

2 hours ago, HewPilot said:

On ground its like hit me then desapear

No, they don't hit you. It is a "near collision"  If I would use larger distances, you would wipe out too many parked aircraf too.

Note that PSXT exists for almost 10 years now. These collsion avoidance functions have not changed since then

14 hours ago, kiek said:

No sorry, that would let too many aircraft disappear, as well in your sim as in your TCAS. You better not use PSXT if you do not want real live traffic around you. 😉 

No, they don't hit you. It is a "near collision"  If I would use larger distances, you would wipe out too many parked aircraf too.

Note that PSXT exists for almost 10 years now. These collsion avoidance functions have not changed since then

yeah understood but 10 years good flight and it will be better and better with our feedback and advices!

54 minutes ago, HewPilot said:

yeah understood but 10 years good flight and it will be better and better with our feedback and advices!

I know and appreciated, but some advices are contradictory. One wants to go left and another wants to go right.... 😉

I do understand what the OP is referring to though... very often I dont see them disappear until I have literally breached the other plane and then I see it flash off. Assume your calculations are from a single centered point for the plane, I wonder if its possible to increase the distance just a little more to something like 50-70m just for a little more spacing if possible? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tremaine said:

I do understand what the OP is referring to though... very often I dont see them disappear until I have literally breached the other plane and then I see it flash off. Assume your calculations are from a single centered point for the plane, I wonder if its possible to increase the distance just a little more to something like 50-70m just for a little more spacing if possible?

Same here. If someone runs into you head-on it won’t disappear until I’m well inside that plane.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Same here. If someone runs into you head-on it won’t disappear until I’m well inside that plane.

The problem with enlarging is that it might wipe out live aircraft that are on a paralel taxiway too. Currently the direction of both aircraft are not taken into account, just the wingspans of both.

It will need a more complicated algorithm if you want earler removal of aircraft that are about to collide with the user aircraft.

EDIT: in 6.7.1 I have increased the test length (half wingspan_user + half wingspan live ac) with 10% (redownload if you are already on 6.7.1)

Edited by kiek
  • Like 2

Oh very cool. I will redownload and test it out. Appreciate it, Nico! That is what I was thinking too...won't help when you are on a taxiway and on a collision course with another plane, but any little bit might help. 

On 4/30/2024 at 9:14 AM, kiek said:

The problem with enlarging is that it might wipe out live aircraft that are on a paralel taxiway too. Currently the direction of both aircraft are not taken into account, just the wingspans of both.

It will need a more complicated algorithm if you want earler removal of aircraft that are about to collide with the user aircraft.

EDIT: in 6.7.1 I have increased the test length (half wingspan_user + half wingspan live ac) with 10% (redownload if you are already on 6.7.1)

yeah understand it can be difficult also  because when you are queuing behind other aircrafts for take off, we dont want other to disappear. 

But will test new version sure its better.

thanks Nico