Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

ATR-72 Startup Question

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I've a simple question related to the startup of this ship - I'm having trouble starting the engine into Hotel Mode -

Prop Brake - On

Fuel Pump Eng 2 - On

Start Mode A&B

Start Eng 2 - On

Once past 10%- move Eng 2 to Feather Position -->

NH rises to 17.9 and oil pressure does not go above 28 psi, ITT stays at 12 - nothing happens. In all the vids I've watched the temp rises normally and the engine reacts. Nothing happens for me.

I'm obviously missing a step and can't for the life of me find what it is. I've followed the tutorials up to this point and can't see what I've done wrong. Any ideas?

Edited by El Diablito

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Posted (edited)

DELETED

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

4 hours ago, ATRguy said:

How are you engaging the prop brake?

Press Aux Hyd Pump button - Wait for Green Ready light - Switch to On.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

8 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Press Aux Hyd Pump button - Wait for Green Ready light - Switch to On.

Gust lock on, condition #2 in shutoff before start?  

Which it all should be if you’re getting the ready light.  But I see a lot of people not using it properly.  

7 minutes ago, ATRguy said:

Gust lock on, condition #2 in shutoff before start?

Yeah none of the other levers are touched.

On the electric panel to the left of the Captain's seat I moved the switch to DC External before starting external power. That's the only other item that's touched before trying to start Hotel Mode.

11 hours ago, El Diablito said:

Hello everyone,

I've a simple question related to the startup of this ship - I'm having trouble starting the engine into Hotel Mode -

Prop Brake - On

Fuel Pump Eng 2 - On

Start Mode A&B

Start Eng 2 - On

Once past 10%- move Eng 2 to Feather Position -->

NH rises to 17.9 and oil pressure does not go above 28 psi, ITT stays at 12 - nothing happens. In all the vids I've watched the temp rises normally and the engine reacts. Nothing happens for me.

I'm obviously missing a step and can't for the life of me find what it is. I've followed the tutorials up to this point and can't see what I've done wrong. Any ideas?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I've followed Magnar Nordal's (Fly with Magnar) videos to the letter.

I'm inclined to think the aircraft is bugged because today I followed the exact same procedures on the list without changing anything and the engine ignited.

After takeoff and passing 2000ft the aircraft decided to fly in a 360 circle all by itself and on returning towards the flightpath it carried on normally.

Then at cruise altitude throttle no.1 moved into the ramp position by itself and I couldn't remove it, at this point I lost complete control of the throttle quadrants function and decided to go back to the main menu.

I'll begrudgingly try again later as I really want this to work, I've started with ANZ in APL and want to complete these short hops across the island.

10 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I've followed Magnar Nordal's (Fly with Magnar) videos to the letter.

I'm inclined to think the aircraft is bugged because today I followed the exact same procedures on the list without changing anything and the engine ignited.

After takeoff and passing 2000ft the aircraft decided to fly in a 360 circle all by itself and on returning towards the flightpath it carried on normally.

Then at cruise altitude throttle no.1 moved into the ramp position by itself and I couldn't remove it, at this point I lost complete control of the throttle quadrants function and decided to go back to the main menu.

I'll begrudgingly try again later as I really want this to work, I've started with ANZ in APL and want to complete these short hops across the island.

Make sure you engage the prop brake *quickly* after pushing the aux hyd pump button. Like max 2 seconds. It‘s visible on the display as a message for as long as it‘s active. If you wait for too long, otherwise the aux pump will auto-turn off again and then the aircraft will bug out if you nonetheless move the prop brake switch. 

So the aircraft totally bugging out and becoming unflyable is because I'm not switching on the Prop Brake fast enough? Seems a stretch, mate. Is it really that bad of a bug? Shame if it is as it might aswell be binned if that's the case.