Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

Pause Issues

Posted (edited)

Using pause (not active pause but just hitting ESC) has caused my last two flights to be wild. As soon as I return, the engine is off and the plane is flying all over the place. I've been able to get it under control both times. But this has not been happening until these last few flights. I'm not sure what can be checked or what I could have added. It was a different plane each time. Changes/additions  recently include:

-Added SayIntentions.ai

-Added Active Sky

Any insights?

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I have had this happen a couple times as well but only when using Active Sky.  I though AS might be the reason since I hadn't had the problem before AS came out and I tested without AS and pause worked just fine like it did before.

48 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Using pause (not active pause but just hitting ESC) has caused my last two flights to be wild. As soon as I return, the engine is off and the plane is flying all over the place. I've been able to get it under control both times. But this has not been happening until these last few flights. I'm not sure what can be checked or what I could have added. It was a different plane each time. Changes/additions  recently include:

-Added SayIntentions.ai

-Added Active Sky

Any insights?

Ryan

15 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

I have had this happen a couple times as well but only when using Active Sky.  I though AS might be the reason since I hadn't had the problem before AS came out and I tested without AS and pause worked just fine like it did before.

Ah....that may be it. I haven't had that happen since back on the Alpha/Beta testing time. I'll see if I can report it.

Rick Abshier

I can confirm this. If you pause for any length of time with Active Sky running, when you unpause, the aircraft leaps around like a tiger on acid.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Posted (edited)

Wow - I just looked on their forum and I didn't see anyone reporting this. So, I filed a ticket. I'm glad that it is narrowed down. It might help if others reported it as well.

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

22 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Wow - I just looked on their forum and I didn't see anyone reporting this. So, I filed a ticket. I'm glad that it is narrowed down. It might help if others reported it as well.

I noticed this too recently -- but wasn't sure what the cause might be, I had not really dug into too far.   Now that you mention it, it does seem to happen when I have ActiveSky running, but that might be a coincidence.  Was flying the JusfFlight PA-38

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 minutes ago, Mace said:

I noticed this too recently -- but wasn't sure what the cause might be, I had not really dug into too far.   Now that you mention it, it does seem to happen when I have ActiveSky running, but that might be a coincidence.  Was flying the JusfFlight PA-38

It doesn't seem to be a coincidence. For me, it was with two different airplanes and they just went crazy after a short 5 minute coffee break. If it continues for those who have posted here, it may be a good idea to report it.

Rick Abshier