Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Hawker Hunter formation, EGXC to EGNM

Posted (edited)

Been playing with Airshow Assistant (got from the Marketplace for the princely sum of £1.64!) Quite fun but I daresay the novelty will wear off. Makes these photo-grabbing flights a little more complex, in that on replay (I record the flight first, then use the replay to grab shots, look around etc) the formation aircraft are controlled via pausing the sim, not the replay. So sometimes if I don't get both things paused at the same time there's a certain amount of messing around to get all the aircraft lined up again. Most of the time it's ok, but sometimes there's a touch of having to rewind the replay to get it back how I want it. When it does work, it's great though.

I've got a lot of RAF bases in one form or another, lots of both freeware and payware, and there's some fine stuff out there. The Coningsby I'm using is pretty impressive, and is available here - https://flightsim.to/file/10045/egxc-raf-coningsby, and the EGNM I'm using is IniBuild's. The Hawker Hunter is one of my old schoolboy favourite planes. It's actually about the same age as me so I feel a certain fondness for it! Great package of models and paints here - https://flightsim.to/file/35150/hawker-hunter-package - definitely recommended. Also new for me on this flight was Rex Advanced Accuseasons. I've been using the original version for a little while but gave up trying to install the advanced version when it came out due to all the problems with registration etc on the Rex site. Thought to myself the other day that maybe that had all been sorted now so tried again and it went through ok this time. I've still got Bijan's stuff as well (obviously not in use at the same time) and the jury is out for me over which to use permanently, but then I guess I don't have to make a permanent choice, do I?

This is an abridged set, I also did a bit of a fly-past over Coningsby but I'll post those separately later. So, we start with the lead plane on the runway at EGXC. This is, I believe, the aircraft that set the world speed record in 1953 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Hunter), but I like the livery so I've used it for the whole formation. I'm shallow like that!
QnJrETX.jpg

Away we go
V361xmv.jpg

WbCzJKl.jpg

Heading north now, towards the Humber Estuary
n6BPEbB.jpg

LWY53ec.jpg

I know what you're thinking . . .
OfHZ3hQ.jpg

And you are, of course, correct
24DzXHf.jpg

This is the only time I've ever re-touched a picture here, as MSFS was doing its thing of showing the road surface on the water, so I patched over that. The flight was genuine though (if done with the sim at low speed!)
7EWTi6i.jpg

gimN7Ad.jpg

wY8yIqH.jpg

gdQ61xZ.jpg

kSQpk81.jpg

heading off towards Leeds. No particular reason, just seemed the nearest big (ish) airport
ZxYayP8.jpg

92VlhUW.jpg

6tthEF2.jpg

jnNk2Wu.jpg

rHxcKIE.jpg

No real control over the extra planes on the ground. They don't follow 100% accurately but close enough
XLBEiH1.jpg

8F69g5E.jpg

Gone for a cuppa!
bbXBVys.jpg

Edited by andy1252
text
  • Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Fine set Andy, like they flying in Formation.. 

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

The Hawker Hunter looks beautiful, Andy. Recall this plane very well from FSX days.... Was it from Virtavia maybe...??? 

Also, looks like you're quickly becoming quite proficient in formation flying...having taken some cues from Jan...🙂...

• Like 1

Thanks guys. She is a looker, isn't she!

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.