Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Install FS2004 B777 into FSX

What is the correct procedure for installing the default FS2004 B777 into FSX? All attempts that I have made result in the gauges not showing.Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bill. It works fine for me. Just copy the whole b777-300 folder into SimObjectsAirplanes and copy the Boeing777-300.gau into the FSX Gauges folder. If you have trouble PM me and I'll work with you. Best regards, Bob.

>Hi Bill. It works fine for me. Just copy the whole b777-300>folder into SimObjectsAirplanes and copy the>Boeing777-300.gau into the FSX Gauges folder. If you have>trouble PM me and I'll work with you. Best regards, Bob.Bob,Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've tried this and it did not work. I get the base panel without any gauges. The Simicons are working, where they pull up the GPS and a blank for the radios, etc.Bill

Do you have FSPanelStudio? If so do the gauges show in the panel? The Boeing777-300 gauge requires several dll's to run. Do you have user32.dll, kernel32.dll and msvcr70.dll in your Windows System 32 folder? Some gauges require FSSound.dll or Gaugesound.dll too. I am not sure if this gauge requires either of them to run. I have both of these dll's and mine works OK in FSX. Regards, Bob.

>Do you have FSPanelStudio? If so do the gauges show in the>panel? The Boeing777-300 gauge requires several dll's to run.>Do you have user32.dll, kernel32.dll and msvcr70.dll in your>Windows System 32 folder? Some gauges require FSSound.dll or>Gaugesound.dll too. I am not sure if this gauge requires>either of them to run. I have both of these dll's and mine>works OK in FSX. Regards, Bob. Bob,I don't have the msvcr70.dll, FSsound.dll and Gaugesound.dll installed. I am not sure what difference they would make considering the B777 works ok in FS2004 that is installed on the same computer.Thanks,Bill

Hi Bill. OK. Do you have FSPanelStudio? If so when you look at the panel in FSX do the gauges show up? If you don't have it I don't have any more suggestions then. Sorry. Regards, Bob.