Sign in to follow this  
rlaycock

Bravo throttle with Fenix A320 rotary dials speed up?

Hi all

I am new to Axis and OHS I mainly bought it so I could get my bravo throttle autopilot rotary switches to work for heading altitude and speed etc.in the Fenix A320

I have them working and can switch them with the selection switch on the honeycomb bravo throttle.

However.Can this be set so that the response speeds up after if you move the dial fast?

It almost looks to be an option when you select the switch and what you require the switch to control however I have no clue as to how to set it up.  Also I am struggling a bit to understand the manual.

Its certainly not a show stopper if this can not be done but it would help a lot

I guess I don't want to keep experimenting with software that I don't understand trying to achieve something that may not even be posable.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Best wishes.

Bob

2 hours ago, rlaycock said:

I have no clue as to how to set it up

You need four button assignments in total, one each for left/right and of those one each for slow and fast turn. There is an option on the dialog to make the assignment react to a fast turn only, and a timeout value can be set for what "fast" actually means. On the two slow assignments you set the normal aircraft action, on the two "fast turn" assignments you speed it up, for example using the "roll" parameter or by altering the assigned event accordingly (no idea if such an option exists for the Fenix though, depends on how exactly this is done).

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi both.

Thanks for the answers.

So it looks to be a possibility but I need an extra 2 x keys.  I will give it a go and see how I get on.

Best wishes.

Bob

2 hours ago, rlaycock said:

but I need an extra 2 x keys.

No. You are assigning the same physical control in different ways at the same time.

It is always the same encoder. One assignment triggers when you turn it slowly, the other triggers when you turn fast enough. And since left and right turn are separate assignments, you need 4 in total. Left/Slow, Left/Fast and Right/Slow, Right/Fast

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI