Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Anti aliasing and a few other things

Guest Pilot533

After installing sp2, whenever the dx10 preview is enabled anti aliasing disappears, whats the deal with that? And I have noticed that my system performs much better with the dx10 preview and light bloom with high 2x water than it did with light bloom and 2x water pre sp2. I understand that the water shader was optimized in sp2, but is it going to be as slow as it was pre sp2 if dx10 is turned off?

Guest firehawk44

"whenever the dx10 preview is enabled anti aliasing disappears, whats the deal with that?"It works for me when DX10 Preview is enabled. I guess you should doublecheck your settings.Jim

Guest Pilot533

It wasnt working before but i just installed new drivers so Ill check again later, any ideas on the other stuff? And what about the flashing runways, thats not caused by any addons so its either nvidias fault or aces.

Guest Pilot533

Well the aa still doesnt work in dx10 mode and neither do any of my addon vc's which is ashame. I asnwered my other question too, having dx 10 enabled gives me a huge perf increase, about 11 fps difference. Has anyone tried the lds 767/pmdg747 or the do-27 with dx 10 enabled?

The chief reason for the performance increase is that when you run DX10, you're only getting 2X AA. No amount of tweaking is going to change that. Not in nHancer, RivaTuner, nVidia's own Control Panel or anywhere else.You'll probably not see any AA in the opening screen either where you choose your aircraft, airport, etc.The Level-D 763 and PMDG 744X work fine in DX10 mode. Regards,Jim Karn

Guest Pilot533

Thats hard to believe, aa has never made that much of a difference in fsx before. And why doesnt 4x aa work with dx 10?

I see absolutely no difference in FPS between having it on or off unless it's a crazy high supersampling mode. FSX is CPU limited, it's not even pushing the graphics card hard enough most of the time to make normal levels of AA a factor. Today's cards have that power to do 4X with no hit at all in almost any game.There's a lot of problems with AA in DX10 games - it doesn't work for me in a lot of them, not just FSX. Bioshock, UT3, World in Conflict etc don't work for me.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>It wasnt working before but i just installed new drivers so>Ill check again later, any ideas on the other stuff? And what>about the flashing runways, thats not caused by any addons so>its either nvidias fault or aces.Well, I have no flashing runways or other graphic oddities when running DX10 Preview on my brand-spaning-new ATI 2400 Pro card!That pretty well puts the nail in the nVidia driver's coffin I should think! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>It wasnt working before but i just installed new drivers so>>Ill check again later, any ideas on the other stuff? And>what>>about the flashing runways, thats not caused by any addons>so>>its either nvidias fault or aces.>>Well, I have no flashing runways or other graphic>oddities when running DX10 Preview on my brand-spaning-new ATI>2400 Pro card!>>That pretty well puts the nail in the nVidia driver's coffin I>should think! ;)Don't have the problem here to and AA enabled in DX10 preview but running a E6850 @ 3,3 ghz and 8800GT XXX Alpha Dog Edition with 169.12 drivers just fine and great FPS with the LDS767 around the locked FPS of 25 at Heathrow 2008 with a lot of custom non native AI (so a lot to gain here too hehehe)The PMDG747X is just a frame hog DX9 or DX10 so parked that one...http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André