Sign in to follow this  
Guest martin842

Well, I've Just Done The Dastardly Deed.....

..... and what's more, it released a whopping 77Gb of disk space!After deciding on YET ANOTHER clean install of Vista and FSX, I decided NOT to install FS9 this time around. Not only that, but i've moved ALL my FS9 data and downloads to a spare external drive, to gather dust in a drawer! Wow! 3 years worth of freeware downloads AND all my payware addons. I dare not even guess as to the one time value of said disk.Ouch that hurt!Also a relief though..... means i now only have to bother what's left of my poor little brain to maintaining the one installation.FREE, I'm FREE!:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've done the same thing, and have it all backed up, and zipped up (.rar's actually, but that stuff will most likely never see the 'light of day' again.As I track every penny I spend, I know exactly how much I had invested, and also on computer hardware within that time frame. Lets just say the investment was well into the thousands of dollars.I just keep reminding myself what the real 'ticket' would have cost me for the same amount of hours I flew in FS9, and don't feel so bad. ;)Now, the cycle starts itself once more....in fact, it already has.

I am forced to keep fs9 because of many addons that have not been ported or the vendors have chosen not to support fsx. Until fsx really gains some acceptance out there and the vendors really start to support it then I don't see myself taking this step any time soon. You can count the number of complex aircraft and scenery addons for fsx on 2 hands. Now that sp2 is out hopefully that will change...

I keep my FS9 so my son can fly with out messing up my FSX. He's 5 but is starting to change things around so better safe then sorry.

>FREE, I'm FREE!No you're not. They've just moved you to another cell ...