Sign in to follow this  
jvile

Jim Vile 's Kai tak for FSX

Guest JacobKoziarz

I hope testing is going well. One lonely Kai Tak I've been crashing onto...

I had to be away from my main computer for about a week.I am back on it now and finishing up everything.

Guest Rick Baldwin

Jim,Looking forward to it with baited breath!By the way, when you have a chance, you might want to contact the folks at http://www.simtours.net/kaitak.php.They list some Kai Tak scenery addons, but the ones listed are for FS9 only. They should definitely be made aware that you have an excellent Kai Tak scenery package for FSX!Regards,-Rick

Guest JacobKoziarz

The FP's are in the library. There are 2 sets based on what you have setup on your computer.One set is for anyone using the FSX default TrafficAircraft.bgl.The secound set is for those that have 3rd party FP's installed that have not been converted to FSX format (WOAI, PAI, Ben Clark, etc.).See the 2 different readme's in the download that should help with compatibilty.Jim

Guest JacobKoziarz

I'm not surprised - I have seen your posts all over flight sim forums of all kinds. Can't wait to install your files and "populate my checkerboard". I'd still appreciate if you could tell me if there's a tool I can use on Vista 64 to compile/decompile flight plans - as we both know AIFPC does not work.

Hey For me everything is there but I am unable to get the option to land in Runway 13 on the ATC window. ATC directs me only to the runway 32. When I land in spite through runway 13 approach the ATC warns me that I have not been cleared to land and to clear off the runway! How do I get the ATC to display the option to select runway 13 to land?Thanks Shri

Runway selection from ATC is based on winds.You must set the winds for runway 13. Once that is done you must reload FSX by changing the heading of your aircraft by at least 1 degree in the map menu so ATC flips the airport immediately.

Thanks Jim for your reply. Is there a way to close the runway 31 using ADE so that ATC will direct you to runway 13 without any tweaking with the winds?ThanksShri

ShriFS works with a weighted scoring system that is similar to the multiple of 10's where as the highest score from 10 to 10000 determines which runway will be used as the active.Contrary to popular belief there are stock airports and runways in both FS9 and FSX that are closed based on the scoring.One of the hardest runways to score is the closing of one end of a runway landing while at the same time keeping that same end open for takeoff.RWY 31 at my Kai Tak can be closed completely if we bring the score down low enough so RWY 13 is always scored higher. However, that requires me to start the airport all over again from a new design. The fundamental scoring is taking from what we call the base end of a runway. I have the runway set as 13/31 (base/recip) and not 31/13 (base/recip).Once we set the fundamental base score we then start decreasing the score so RWY 13 will always be "TRUE" with a return of "1" regardless of winds and weather.You could remove the Start Location and close the Secondary Runway 31 for both takeoff and landing but I have a ILS and approach code which keeps the score higher then desired. That is some of the reasons I would have to rebuild Kai Tak from scratch and remove all possible scoring including flipping the base and recip ends.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thank you Jim and the rest of you for sharing your knowledge and experience !!!I finally got the traffic !!! I feel like a kid in Toys'r'us locked up overnight - hahahah !!!Lou - if you're still struggling:Follow Jim's directions and install all your 3rd party traffic to default scenery/world/scenery folder. Deactivate the default FSX traffic bgl, add the VHHX GA bgl and FSX GA bgl provided by Jim in his Kai Tak pack, and then take a shortcut for now and just rename aircraft names in aircraft file, leave AC# as provided by Jim, just grab names from aircraft.cfg of your added AI (MATCH models only) and compile.I know this is a huge shortcut - you will not get the true representation of Jim's Kai Tak traffic - but if you just want to see the traffic at Kai Tak - do this and you're done !!! Of course - I will now proceed to getting all the aircraft/airline models required by Jim's files.

Guest JacobKoziarz

BTW - setting winds as Jim instructs - does work !!! I just followed British Airways on Rwy 13 approach - what a view !!!Jim - what's the address ? I'm sending you a case of your favourite beverage !!!

jim: i love the fsx kai tak scenery, but am having a lot of trouble with the ai. even after loading 3/4 of your traffic bgls, (excluding the vhxx jet.bgl thus far), i see no aircraft at the airport or flying into the airport. vhhh is full of flying and static aircraft, so ai in general is working.i have been unable to locate many of the 744 models on avsim, so i did not look at other aircraft shown in your plan files.i am wondering if anyone has compiled a set of plans for kai tak which others could use to compile a traffic.bgl for the airport? alternatively, have you had any success with woai in putting together a kai tak package, as mentioned in your thread?steve chavin