Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

FS Genesis and FSX

Guest ledzzepplin

For those of you who have it ... does FS Genesis really make that much difference in FSX?

It depends on how and what you fly. Anytime you see the ground a lot, then FS Genesis makes a huge difference. At FL350 and visibility 20 miles, it doesn't make any difference at all. I like piston singles and FS Genesis is actually the only payware scenery add-on I own. It makes a difference also in the shape of distant hills/mountains, which adds to the familiarity of an area. Mountains actually look like mountains instead of rounded hills.The drawback of high res mesh is that some objects like airports and lakes end up on plateaus or in holes. FSG Version 2 has helped that a lot by cutting a hole in the mesh one km around airports so that the default FSX mesh shows through--which is level with the airport. Of course, it is not accurate, but it looks a lot more normal, and in some cases makes airports in holes to be usable.Ben

>It depends on how and what you fly. Anytime you see the>ground a lot, then FS Genesis makes a huge difference. At>FL350 and visibility 20 miles, it doesn't make any difference>at all. I like piston singles and FS Genesis is actually the>only payware scenery add-on I own. It makes a difference also>in the shape of distant hills/mountains, which adds to the>familiarity of an area. Mountains actually look like mountains>instead of rounded hills.>>The drawback of high res mesh is that some objects like>airports and lakes end up on plateaus or in holes. FSG Version>2 has helped that a lot by cutting a hole in the mesh one km>around airports so that the default FSX mesh shows>through--which is level with the airport. Of course, it is not>accurate, but it looks a lot more normal, and in some cases>makes airports in holes to be usable.>>BenI thinks there is going to be an update fixing airport plateaus by FSG.

Guest JIMJAM

"I think there is going to be an update "Every FSX addon I have bought has that sentence in it at least once somewhere in every post I read about it AFTER I buy it of course.:-roll

Guest Nick_N

>For those of you who have it ... does FS Genesis really make>that much difference in FSX? I would not fly without it. I have been a Galaxy Member for a long time which means I get all the goodies and all the updates for one price, both FS9 and FSX.The difference between 38m and 10m mesh is accuracy within just over 3ft as compared to just over 100. Not all the FSG mesh is 10m but enough of it is to make a huge differencwe for me.I notice things some may not like mountain peak locations and ridge lines along with gullys that the 10m mesh lets FSX portrayJustin is releasing V2.0 which fixes the plateaus and has already started posting updated 2.0 files, which work fine and fix the majority of the airports. there are certain add-ons I consider a must to build a proper simulated world from.. FSGenesis Mesh, UTX, GEXn, FEX, and a few others like Jon Patch and Holger Sandman creations, awesome addtions as always. Also, different payware landclass products are also a must in my opinion. They all provide different results and none of them are perfect so where one may fall short another will get right. FSGenesis USA Landclass, SceneryTech Landclass, etc.. I have them all installed properly into the UTX scenery entries and I enable the one that works best (disable the others) for the area I am flying

Guest ledzzepplin

Thanks Nick ... Any noticeable frame hit with FSG that you can tell?

Guest Nick_N

NoneFSG is mesh, not textures. As long as the Mesh resolution is set correctly (10m) you are fine

The updates for FS Genesis mesh to fix the plateau's started appearing about a month ago. It's a big world and will take some time, but the updates are coming out now.