Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KERNEL32

RealAir Scout: YES! Radio's are off!

Quite often it's those little details that makes things awesome, for me anyway. I just discovered in my new RealAir Scout that, when starting up with a cold and dark cockpit, after turning on the Aviation switch, the radios' are turned off! YES! You actually have to turn them on to use them or you can leave them off of you want to (like the ADF). You may wonder 'Er... well, so what...?' but I LOVE this! I've been wanting this for a long, long time because it just makes things more real! Awesome! :)It's a GREAT plane, I have to say: I already owned the SF260 but this one suits me even better (being a low flying GA pilot, who has been flying solely above Southern Australia ever since I got FTX. In fact, I bought the plane to enjoy FTX even more!) Because you sit in the middle and because the wings are high, you have a terrific view on all sides! Really awesome! FTX and the Scout realy made FSX into... into... er... into... well, I just don't have the words for it. It's stunning, awesome, splendid, super, as real as it gets! :)P.S. Everybody knows this already, of course, but RealAir support is just great! I had a very rare little Vista-related problem with my install of the Scout and Rob was very quick to help, even standing by if I needed more information: really great. And btw FTX has great support too, on their forum. You just got to love those dedicated devs!!! It's money will spend when quality is this good and the devs are so dedicated to help you getting the most out of it! :) And while I am at it, great thanks once more for Aces for creating this splendid 'platform'! :) Yes, I am in a gratefull and suckin' up mood. :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep, one of the best packages for FS out there. Glad to hear you are enjoying it, as it provides me with much pleasure as well.

Yes! And I can't wait until the day FS simulates the "Strobe effect", that is, when flying inside clouds with the strobe lights on (a BIG no-no ITRW?), bright flashes in the cockpit will disorientate you. Or when the temperature is real cold outside you will see the (regular aspirated engine types) cold air/warm exhaust vapor/smoke like effect, along with factory smoke stacks that only bellow smoke when it's real cold outside, etc.Little things can add up to a whole lot more realism/immersion!