Sign in to follow this  
Guest NoobPilot

FSX Ground Services?

Guest NoobPilot

Another complete noob question from the NoobPilot. Is there any way to get ground services besides a jetway and a fuel truck, like baggage carriers or those big food containers? I've seen videos of it and it looks cool. Thanks, ~Noob

baggage carriers service default airliners and addons if you have "Airport Vehicle Density" on at least low. Higher settings give you more vehicles. That would be in Display settings-traffic.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest NoobPilot

2 questions: 1. Does it work with World of AI packages? 2. My density is on ultra high, maxed out, but I the only baggage stuff I get is one small truck which stays still, even on the default 747. Is there some key to activate them, or are they just at certain airports? I'm going to guess KPHX and KLAS are both included, but I'm not sure.

2 answers1. I think so.2. After FSX loads( mine goes to the free flight screen),click SETTINGS from the list on the left side. Click CUSTOMIZE in the lower center. Click the traffic tab in the top right. There is an "Aiport vehicle density" slider. The higher the slider is set, the more airport vehicles you see. FSX controls what you see,and where, so it's random. They should be at all major airports that have jetways, and maybe some others. "Scenery complexity" must be set full right to see jetways move to and from planes. Lots of fun stuff. But it takes alot of cpu power to run all that.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

2. First you have to be parked near some service vehicles, then you hit Shift + E to open the main exit, then before you hit any other key you hit the 2 key to open the baggage compartment. The service vehicles will then go to work.Mike.

Mike Beckwith