Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

Setting camera coordinates.

When looking at a wing view sometimes I move the eyepoint around by using Shift/Ctrl and Enter/Backspace to get a better view for a given airctraft. is there some way in which I can edit the camera file with new settings to match what I have achieved by moving the eye point around?Thanks- Bruce.

Sorry Bruce,I can't help with your question. But your post prompted me to respond with a suggestion to any programmers out there with knowledge of the Aircraft SDK and in particular setting camera parameters.One idea for a simple add-on programme could be one that would allow one to move around the aircraft and place a camera view at various points, and have the programme write out the various camera configs into the aircraft.cfg file.Come on guys, can't be that difficult...can it?Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest PPSFA

In the SDK with FSX Delux there is a Camera cfg utility that allows you to create pretty much any view you want. You can also modify views in the Camera.cfg file using this path:C:Documents and SettingsYourUserNameApplication DataMicrosoftFSX

Guest tmilton

>One idea for a simple add-on programme could be one that would>allow one to move around the aircraft and place a camera view>at various points, and have the programme write out the>various camera configs into the aircraft.cfg file.>>Come on guys, can't be that difficult...can it?I have edited camera views in the Camera.cfg file before, but I agree with you that it would be fantastic if someone could develop an addon program that would allow us to quickly and easily change and add views. I think it would become a very popular program indeed. I really hope someone will take on this this task.

I've been hoping someone would develop just such a program. Creating a camera view "by hand" isn't difficult, but it is tedious and a program that would allow you to place your viewpoint at a certain location and then just click to place it in a camera.cfg would be great.

Guest jshyluk

I and Angelique van Campen are co-authoring a review on DBS Studios' "Walk & Follow" program which does exactly what you are suggesting. Watch out for this review on AVSIM in the coming month!Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Thanks everyone. I sure wish I knew programming stuff :)"In the SDK with FSX Delux there is a Camera cfg utility that allows you to create pretty much any view you want. You can also modify views in the Camera.cfg file using this path:C:Documents and SettingsYourUserNameApplication DataMicrosoftFSX"This is only related to manually setting camera data, correct?Thanks- Bruce.

Thanks Jeff.You mean that W&F can do this?Apologies for any commercial inference in this reply.Thanks- Bruce.

Guest jshyluk

What I can tell you now is on the DBS website. Basically, there are two modes to Walk & Follow: Walk and Follow. Walk lets you walk around the FSX world like you are some kind of magic genie. Follow starts you off in one of the standard views, like VC, or Wing View, and then allows you to move the camera wherever you like. The follow camera precisely tracks the motion of the airplane. This can allow you to pan around the VC, or to climb outside like James Bond and crawl over the skin of your aircraft (or beyond) as it is flying.W&F remembers your camera positions, but if you want more than one, you can save them to your own custom menu. You can have as many menus as you like. Again, the review will be out soon, so please be on the look-out for it. I will have more details to share at that time. There are other applications besides W&F, but my memory is cloudy right now. Wheelcam is a freeware utility that's in the AVSIM library, I know precious little about it, but as it is free, it is worth a check.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Jeff, I've purchased this but I can't figure it out at all. I think I'm spoiled by the "Active Camera" program. This addon really needs a good manual. If you will, please give an example or two about how to save views, as I keep getting errors each time I try. Thanks!Curt

Guest jshyluk

Sure, I will write about my own experiences with operating the W&F GUI. In the meantime, though, you can contact the DBS support e-mail. They are quick to respond to problems, faster than me anyways.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM