Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jshyluk

need some advice for reinstall

Hey everyone,I had FSX installed on an external drive that went on me some time ago. I want to reinstall FSX, but a lot has changed since. OK, I am going to run the uninstall from add/remove programs to remove any reg entries and such. This will be my third install of FSX as I had another drive bite the dust before this one. That issue is solved with a better cooled enclosure. My questions are, 1.) After my reinstall, will getting an activation be a problem? 2.) Do I need to install SP1 then SP2 in that order? I hear a lot of users having pretty good performance now. My rig is not that great if you look at my signature, but I'm sure it will run as good as FS9 I hope. Also, Nemeth Designs released the EC135 helicopter and it is FSX only, So if I plan to fly this bird, FS9 will not do. I also guess I'll have to run the reg repair for FS9 too. Thanks in advance for your help. I've been out of the loop for some time now, so I want to get it right the first time rather than spin my wheels. :) Also, I assume with the service packs, tweaks won't be needed??

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) If you have a legitimate copy of FSX, you should have no problems re-installing.2) If you want SP1 & SP2, you will need to install them in that order. It can take some time to download them, but installation is quick.3) If you have FS9 on the same system, FSX should run okay. However, be prepared for some registry issues should you decide to uninstall one or the other.There are some AVSIM threads on these topics if you want to know more, so try out the handy search function.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM