Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ray Proudfoot

Old Wembley Stadium in FSX - how old is source data?

I had a flight over NW London the other day and passed over Wembley Stadium. I wasn't very impressed to see it was a depiction of the old stadium demolished in early 2003. The twin towers was a big giveaway.Given that FSX was released in the autumn of 2006 why wasn't the new stadium depicted? How far ahead of release of a new version are the satellite images captured?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

data's probably from 2004, maybe early 2005 at the latest.And that's the newest data they'd have got, a lot of it will have been older.

Didn't it take ages to agree the final design of the stadium? I suppose the data must precede that decision.

If I am not mistaken the very high resolution 3m mesh and data for the Mt. St. Helens mission in Acceleration was from 2003. Christian with the tile proxy project would probably know that better than me however I do not think the data is that new in FSX as compared to what we consider current.Source data is very expensive. One can easily spend 250,000 USD on current pacific NW data alone depending on what resolution and detail they were looking for.

<>No, the final design was known for some time. It was only the building that took longer than anticipated. Maybe it will feature correctly in FSXI.