Sign in to follow this  
jlohrenz

FFS Saab 340

A few weeks ago a very kind person decided to make the Saab 340 from FFS compatible with FSX. It seems the path to this compatibility was pretty easy for most. However, for me (go figure) it was very painful because on my system there were a number of problems.Fortunately, most of the problems were sorted. However, there still remains a difficulty. When I select the 2D panel from the FSX config screen (under the Aircraft tab) and then select a 2D panel Saab model to fly, FSX crashes. When you look at the details screen for the error, you see the problem is with the FFSSaab340.gau file. Appararently this file is incompatible with FSX SP2 or Vista 32-bit - don't know which. I can get the 2D aircraft model flying if I remove the gauge file. Of course there are no gauges - only the panel background. NOTE: I have reinsalled the aircraft under FSX but that did not solve the problem. Both the original aircraft and the update are installed.After much discussion with the developer, we found no solution to the problem. I even reinstalled the Visual C++ distributable in case something there was corrupted. In the case of the VC model, the only problem with that is the non-operation of the small center gauges. The main flight gauges work properly.Has anyone had this problem? Is there something I might accomplish to get the panel gauges to operate properly?I would appreciate any help you folks might have to solve these issues.Thanks so much,fb

I have been pounding my head against the wall...ok not literally trying to figure this one out.Could you e-mail me your FFSSaab340.gau file (zipped) so I can compare it to mine?On another note, the original developer of the FFS Gauges has been un-responsive this past week so I am staring work on V2 of my gauge modifications for FSX compatibility.It will include updating the Low Fuel Level indicators on the overhead panels.I wish I could do more to help you! I just took the Saab out for a spin from Seattle to Spokane last night and the 2D display worked fine for me in FSX.The only thing I can think of would be a possible conflict of some sort with something from your other vast collection of add-on's.The VC is modeled rather well, and if you have a Track-IR device you can fly mainly from there if need be.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Lucky me.I've been using the Saab in FSX for weeks now and all of a sudden today I'm getting a fatal error with that .gau file.Of all stupid things.I tried uninstalling SP2...still no good.So..fortunately I haven't installed too much so I'm wiping my install and will try a fresh load.I have monitoring software I'm going to run this time around so I can track any changes.If the re-install works, then it is something that happened inside of FSX. If it doesn't, then I can only think that some recent update to Vista is causing this problem. :(

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

I made some headways in a short amount of time..I gave it one more try after I uninstalled all of my add-on stuff (aircraft and utilities)Magically it worked again. So, I'm going to do a file system monitor after I install each of my add-on's to see if I can't narrow down which add-on messed it up.I'll let you know as I discover what the problem is....

Jason,I have the same gauge file as you are using. You sent it to me and I replaced the one I had. Looks like I'm not alone in this situation. I hope we find something.Again, thanks for all your help.fb

Remove or comment out the following line in your FSX.CFG file:DEFAULT_VIEW=1I'm not sure what it does, but when removed the Saab works OK.

Found where the CFG. FSX file was:C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\(Your Windows User Name)\Microsoft\FSX (XP)C:\users\(name)\Appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx(Vista/Win7) However, it didn't seem to solve the problem....sad.png Also, the throttle lever gets stuck at max power. Has that ever happened before?