Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yellowjack

Pushback question

Hi,Got a couple questions about the pushback function:-When i press "shift+p", my atc window closes.-When do I press "1" or "2" to turn the plane while backing up? It rarely works. Do I need to press it right after "shift+p" or do I need to press it when I am ready to turn.-Does it matter if I press other keys in between the "shift+P" and the "1" or "2"?ThanksMarc PMontreal, CanadaIntel Dual Core E2140Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB2GB RAMWINXP Pro19" LCD + 84" LCD Projector

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

.. I press the "shift-p" (actually have a dedicated panel switch for this), count "one-two", then press the "1" or "2" key for about 2 seconds. I don't do a quick "stab", as , like you - I've found it sometimes doesn't work. The aircraft moves about half its length and then begins the turn.

You can press the 1 or 2 button when you like after pressing Shf "p". I often need to go straight back for a ways to clear obstacles such as hangars and adjacent aircraft and then press the 1 or 2 buttons to start the turn. But don't press any other keys between the Shf "p" and the 1 or 2 keys.