Sign in to follow this  
Guest markwinter

Adding my own AI traffic

Guest markwinter

I hope I have posted this in the right place, if not please forgive me.I have recently installed world of AI and a few of the packages associated with it and brought my FSX to life, (despite losing all GA traffic in the process).I am unable to find a package for my local airline jet2.com and having downloaded a suitable AI 757 in the correct colour scheme as well as FSX compatible flight plans for the said a/c cannot seem to get it to work.I installed the a/c in to simobjects and changed the config file so that it had a unique number and then installed the flight plans using traffic tools and all was ok. Im not sure I did it the right way as I hijacked a smaller airlines flight plans and added the aircraft and flight plans to them.Obviuosly this is not the correct way to do it, although after compiling the flight plans for the airline traffic tools said all was ok.Could someone advise me the correct way of installing this a/c along with the flight plans so I can see some proper aircraft at my local airport instead of an Aer Arran ATR-72 and a Ryanair 737 3 times a dayMany many thanksMark

There are Jet2 Flightplansin the library in the FS2004 AI Flightplan section. (Latest is December 07) This should include the 3 files necessary to compile t with TTOOLS. Just edit the aircraft file and replace the aircraft listed with the ones you have, then you should be able to compile to an individual traffic bgl you can add to FS.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest markwinter

>There are Jet2 Flightplansin the library in the FS2004 AI>Flightplan section. (Latest is December 07) This should>include the 3 files necessary to compile t with TTOOLS. Just>edit the aircraft file and replace the aircraft listed with>the ones you have, then you should be able to compile to an>individual traffic bgl you can add to FS.Thanks for the replyPlease forgive me for saying this, I am going to need a slightly better breakdown of steps of the process in order to do this.Any chance you could spell it out for me step by step?If not, then no worries, I have spent all week trying to get this workingKind RegardsMark

Are you converting the traffic files to FSX after compiling them? There's a file by Peter van der Veen that I use, which I found the link somewhere in the World of AI forum. My FSX flightplans did not come to life until I used this. Also check the percentages of the flights in the flightplans. You can do this with TTools. If the flight plan says 82% for a certain route, but you have your traffic set to 20%, that flight won't show up.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest markwinter

Yes I did recompile the flight plans - and it compiled over 1000 plans and said ok.I have my traffic set at 100% (I find it is more interesting this way).I hijacked Spanair's flight plans and added a jet2 757 flight plan to it and added the 757 in the spanair list of a/c.I couldnt find any help on installing the jet2 a/c as a new airline/set of flight plans anywhere on the netI did wonder if by adding it to the spanair flights is the reason why it didnt show up.I think a step by step guide would be a great help if you know of one on the net anywhereManythanks

Adding flightplans to an existing fp is not a problem. I do it. Perhaps your local airport doesn't have a good AFCAD with the proper parking radius for a 757. This can also be a problem where aircraft won't park because of lack of proper spaces. A well done AFCAD for FSX usually cures that. Also go back and double check the name of the plane in the aircraft file along side the name in your flightplans. There could be a simple typo that is holding up the works.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest markwinter

ok Lee, thanks for that. So, just to clarify - the name of the aircraft should be identical all the way through the process?