Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

MS FSX MISSIONS, FATAL PROGRAM CRASH WHEN OPENING

Guest CHRISLAD

SINCE UPGRADING MY 'AUTODESK INVENTOR PROFESSIONAL 2009' SOFTWARE MSFSX MISSIONS, THE MISSION PROGRAM CRASHE WHEN YOU GO TO THE BRIEFING.I HAVE REINSTALLED MSFSX COMPLETE WITH SP 1 BUT PROBLEM PERSISTS.MS ERROR SIGNATURE AppName: fsx.exe AppVer: 10.0.61472.0 AppStamp:475e17d3ModName: mfc80.dll ModVer: 8.0.50727.922 ModStamp:46ca5b7ffDebug: 0 Offset: 0004c0d3ANYONE ANY IDEAS?

Guest NeXTer

Your caps-lock key appears to be stuck, I suggest resolving that issue first...

this sounds like a mismatched C RTL issue.if you uninstall Autodesk does the issue resolve itself?if so, then it sounds like Autodesk didn't install the right C RTL.it might be possible to install the updated VS 2005 SP1 RTL redist but its hard to tell if that specific version is the right one for this issue. did you report this to Autodesk?PS, please do not type in all caps, in net-speak that is shouting which is considered rude and poor form.

Guest gibson

Hi very sorry about caps.Reported it to autodesk but not realy interested.uninstalled Autodesk ptoduct and MSX and reinstalled MSX and MSX Acceleration but same fault still there.I re-jigged the virtual memory, put MSX setting to min added new display drivers to my graphics card (nvidia quadro 1700.but all still the same.

if you start with FSX RTM installed clean and run it once, does it start up?and then install SP1 ( download it from fsinsider.com ) and run it once, does it start up?I'd try that before installing Acceleration.

Guest gibson

hi thnx for quick reply.Sorry but whats RTM?Clean MSFSX install, mission didnt work, every thing else did.Then added sp1, mission didnt work, every thing else did.Then added acceleration, mission still didnt work, every thing else did.PC is fairly well specified. Dell Precision T7400Xeon CPU X5450 @3.0 GHz 2GB ramNvidia quadro 1700 Graphic Card.

RTM=original release, no SPs installed.what is the exact crash and module that crashes? it is only a specific mission, nothing else crashes? or you never get to missions at all?did you install the VS 2005 SP1 redist that we provided a link for?

Guest gibson

RTM ahh, yes used the original disks.No missions work.Fatal crash to desktop when I action 'go to briefing' with report to microsoft.All other MSFSX features work ie I can fly wherever I like. Its just the missions that crash out.Sorry, double checked but couldnt see a link for VS 2005 SP1.

Since it crashes when you go to the briefing page, I'm guessing something has messed up your IE install (or at least some portion of it).If the AutoDesk software installed any browser extensions, you might want to make sure they were removed when you uninstalled the AutoDesk software.

The issue is the mfc80.dll unmanaged file. Unfortunantly, Microsoft released several versions of this file during "patches" and "hotfixes". Remember the ye old "DLL Hell" of Windows 95/98? This is it - different versions of the same file, and only 1 file can exist on the machine through normal installs.I know, as I have the exact same problem because of my development tools are all up-to-date. But, Microsoft Flight Simulator X has an older version of the assembly it is looking for. The real fix is for them to release a patch for the game with the latest version of mfc80.dll. But, since that division is no more at Microsoft, there is no more releases coming. The resolution is to install Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistribution Pack. What this does is it updates the system to allow for multiple versions of mfc80.dll to exist "side-by-side" as they call it, and be accessed via 1 filename. It looks at the program for the version being requested, and redirects the program to that file - without the program knowing.If you want to know why: http://msdn.microsof...y/ms235624.aspxThe fix is to download this and install it AFTER you install the game: http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=enIf you ever have to re-install the game, you will need to run this again - as the game replaces the assembly with its own version (typical DLL Hell stuff of the past).This should work with all of your mfc80 applications (AUtodesk, MS FSX, etc) that use differnet versions. Good luck all! And happy flying!

And the reason for digging up 2 years old post?

Hi Folkseduncan911 -The link you'd supplied above will not fix the Missions - Go To Briefing - CTD,as its for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)i.e. mfc90.dllmfc80.dll is the required file,from the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86).For an explanation and download links,please see FSDeveloper - Wiki - Missions - Go To Briefing - CTD (FSX/A)Word Not Allowed -The reason he's posted is its a regularly recurring issue affecting anyone who reinstalls from scratch.HTHATBPaul

Guest freebird77

Watch out for the forum police, they have eyes all around!