Sign in to follow this  
BoeingGuy

something wrong with a321

Guest delsimflyer

I have been able to fly the default b738 and b744 easily but am struggling to control the a321. I am finding the attitude really unstable to hold, if I pitch up, it goes way too up and vice versa. also I am finding the engines too powerful, need only 65-70% to take off!anybody through this? how do I make it realistic...or is this what real a321 does?regards

I agree with the excessive power of the plane. Go to the aircraft cfg of the A321. There, you'll see an entry which says: static_thrust = 30000under the (TurbineEngineData) section. Change it to 27000 (real-life spec).As for the controls being slow and unresponsive, it's the fly-by-wire system modeled in the plane, like in real life. Open up the overhead panel of the A321, and you'll see this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188122.jpgHit all those switches in the red box to turn off the FBW System. The plane will be a little less stable, but all in your hands.Let me know if this works.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

>how do I make it realistic...or is this>what real a321 does?An Airbus fly-by-wire system isn't a Boeing system. Once you've accepted that fact, you will need to read up on the fly-by-wire to understand how best to use it...For example, if you want to climb, pitch up slightly, then let go of the joystick or yoke! It will automatically hold the pitch you've set.Or, you can turn off all three computers and fly by hand all the time...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

And let's not forget, the MS default implementation of FBW on the A321 is poor at best.I dont use the A321 in FSX and I'm an Airbus fan!Still waiting for Airsimmer or AXP to release....then we should be all set.

Guest delsimflyer

thanks for your help guys, switching flyby wire did the trick.I am still confused about the static thrust value - the default one is 30000, boeing guy said 27000, while metzger cfg has 31000. The airbus specs page says 27000(33000).which one should I use? Is it recommended to use metzger fde, or just editing the thrust value will do?

It depends on the engine type. IAE engines give 27,000 lbs of thrust, while CFM ones give 33,000 lbs. I believe the default A321 has the IAE engines (the thrust reversers are the clue), so I (would) put mine at 27000.Regards,

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD