Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Brief totally white screen.

>>Regarding bloom: I don't use it. I suspect a video driver>failure, here.Ok good then you can rule that one out.I think Jim is on to something with FSUIPC and Pete Dowson's forum, I'd check that out.One thing I can tell you, (for what it's worth--I know we have different cards, but both are nvidia 8-series), I am using an 8800GTX with the 169 WHQL driver and there is no white screen for me. However, in the past, with my older nVidia card (a 7800GT) I did in fact experience the white screen you describe. So it seems to be the (wrong) combination of card and driver, possibly FSUIPC also. I've also always had FSUIPC installed.RhettE8500, Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>I think Jim is on to something with FSUIPC and Pete Dowson's>forum, I'd check that out.Could you point me to the relevant thread. I've looked through several posts but can't come up with anything relevant to visisbility.>>One thing I can tell you, (for what it's worth--I know we have>different cards, but both are nvidia 8-series), I am using an>8800GTX with the 169 WHQL driver and there is no white screen>for me. I'm thinking of going back to some earlier drivers to check on what I left behind. ;) Trying 174.74 here.

Hi All,OT (Not to be confused with the white flashes caused by tooltips): It does appear that the "super-fog" issue may have shown up again in FSUIPC v4.28 as it has happened to me once on final using this new vesrion. This issue is identifiable by all cockpit views and panels being completely whited-out with the exception of the 2D forward view and its panel. External views are whited-out, but tower-views seem to be OK. Pete fixed this in v4.26. It has to do with internal timing issues within FSUIPC. Unfortunitly, Pete is on holiday until the 19th of May. Please add to this thread to keep in view upon Pete's return.Super-Fog - Returned with FSUIPC4 v4.28 -http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...62b5ecadba58306Here is the original thread used during beta testing of version v4.26 which resulted in a fix for my repeatable scenario. It also contains screenie half-way down the first page if you wish to confirm your indications.Possible negative interaction with 4.25?http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...&st=0&sk=t&sd=aRegards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest jshyluk

I am re-awakening this thread... hope it doesn't have morning breath!I have been getting full-screen white-outs ever since I recently installed some scenery and AI aircraft that were upgraded from FS9 into FSX. Mostly, it seems to occur when I set the exterior camera view in particular ways near the AI aircraft.I am suspecting that the AI textures might not be up to FSX standards. Either that, or my video drivers are getting old, or maybe both. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest Sirocco

>I have been getting full-screen white-outs ever since I>recently installed some scenery and AI aircraft that were>upgraded from FS9 into FSX. Mostly, it seems to occur when I>set the exterior camera view in particular ways near the AI>aircraft.I've just run into the same issue. I installed a freeware Cirrus, apparently updated from FS9. When I selected the Cirrus the aircraft preview window whited out, then in game the 2D panel worked but for a while the 3D view through the windscreen was gone, and VC and external views whited out, after a brief flicker. I repaired the installation with no effect, then uninstalled SP2. That has pretty much fixed it, apart from an occasional white out flicker in the VC when I rotate the view around. That affects all aircraft I've tested.

Guest jshyluk

More news on the mysterious white screen front.I have, in my opinion, narrowed the culprit down to Bloom. Specifically, sometimes if you are looking at or using an aircraft that has A) been designed for FS9 but ported into FSX, and:( use have Bloom turned on, andC) you have SP2 and/or Acceleration,... then you could be a good candidate for getting white screens. This seems especially true if you are using external views, although maybe some cockpits may be affected as well. I could add thatD) nVidia video card drivers might contribute to this issue, but this is just a guess.The easy solution is to turn off Bloom. Likewise, you can avoid FS9 aircraft in FSX, or you can uninstall SP2. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

I can confirm Jeff's conclusion who narrowed it down to Bloom.I have that white screen everytime I fly at night with Bloom on.It's only at night though. Everything's fine during daytime.If I switch off Bloom, the screen comes back to normal.I made a number of tests to see if I could get away with it...1. tried different video drivers: 175.16, 175.19, 169.21, 163.69. They all produced the white screen with bloom at night;2. switched back and forth between SP1 and SP2, still the white screen is there;3. tried again the 175.16 drivers let the application worry about AA and AF and voil

Pierre

Guest Sirocco

It's definitely bloom. The curious thing is I can't recall ever seeing it at night until after I'd installed the FS9 ported aircraft. Then as soon as I installed it the aircraft preview window whited out, and that's in daylight. I uninstalled a few times, even cleaned out the old install files, and I still have the issue at night with bloom.

Guest jshyluk

Well, I was sort of feeling good about nailing this bug down, but now there's more to it, eh?I did not test day and night, but I got my white screens in daytime. I haven't had the Preview window white out, though, that's new to me. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest Sirocco

>Well, I was sort of feeling good about nailing this bug down,>but now there's more to it, eh?I did switch to a new machine with a new video card, so that might also be part of the problem I've had. It's an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX. But as I mentioned, that addon aircraft whited out the 3D aircraft preview, too, at least for that aircraft and the 737 PIC. Both FS9 ports. I don't think it affected the stock aircraft.It took a while for me to narrow it down to bloom. I'd almost given up on finding a fix. What is really puzzling is that even after a complete uninstall I continued having the problem with stock aircraft until I turned bloom off. I can only surmise that the video card comes into play.

Guest jshyluk

Either that, or a family of cards. Like most FSX issues, it's a combination of things that generates the bug. Something I would like you to try, please:You may or may not be aware that you can alter the view of the aircraft in the preview window. If you click and drag on it, or use your mousewheel, you can change the view. I found that the white screen only occurs with certain views and at certain virtual distances from the aircraft. If you get a chance, please try changing the view around to see if that helps with the white screen in the Preview window.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM