Sign in to follow this  
Guest George M

Randomising AI traffic percentages in flightplans.txt

ReduceAI by Henning Schaefer! That was the prog I was trying to remember.RhettE8500, Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Nice, thanks for sharing Dotsie. I tried ReduceAI several times but couldn't get it to work - the command line, which was per the instructions, would never be correctly recognized.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Some very helpful replies in this post guys, thanks very much. I will have to take a look at the reduceai program that is mentioned, sounds useful.Kail - I do currently use the AIFPC program religiously to convert my FS9 bgls over to FSX format - very useful tool. Im still trying to get to grips with the AI Flight Planner program, but I have learned that this also has a means of changing the percentages within the program itself without having to go into the flightplans.txt files to edit them. Although in saying that Reggie's method does seem a lot quicker I find. AI Flight Planner will nevertheless come in very handy for managing my AI traffic in general.george m - would much appreciate you making this tool available. Sounds just the ticket. Doesnt matter if it only works on FS9 bgls. The FS9 bgls can then simply be converted to FSX format with AIFPC or the like. And dotsie, your work in changing those WoAI percentages is much appreciated my friend. The file you've uploaded will certainly come in handy.

Guest SkullxBones

After reading this thread, it makes me wonder if I have WOAI installed correctly. I only use WOAI for traffic and am running it in FS9 format. At Ray Smith's version of KLAX with my traffic slider at 100%, I average about 70% of the gates filled. Is that about right, or are you guys getting so much more traffic that you have to reduce it?

If WoA is your sole source for AI traffic - at KLAX you would be missing several airlines - mainly regional aircraft for American Eagle, Delta Connection, Continental Express, Horizon Air, United Express, US Airways Express.Those would fill a lot of parking spots.

Guest SkullxBones

Thanks, I'll try to fill those in.

Guest George M

>george m - would much appreciate you making this tool>available. Sounds just the ticket. Doesnt matter if it only>works on FS9 bgls. The FS9 bgls can then simply be converted>to FSX format with AIFPC or the like. OK, you can [a href=http://george.headroar.com/downloads/msfs/fs9/randomize_ai.zip]grab it here[/a], such as it is. I added a readme that hopefully will explain things. If you have any problems with it my email address is in the readme, or you can contact me through the forums here.Sorry if the readme is a little vague about the whole process, but it's been a long time since I've messed with AI traffic. So far my focus in FSX has been elsewhere.

Guest abulaafia

We are working on updates for all packages still at 1%, including AA.