Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howiefly13

Bright Lights?

All the lights, including the approach lights, look this bright with the halo effect. I have bloom turned off. How can I tone down this effect?Thanks a lot,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Howard,Are those the default lights? I believe there's a modified halo.bmp (not sure of the file) on AVSIM but, if you haven't already, I would buy the payware lights offered at A2ASimulations (http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/shockwavelights/). It's an inexpensive package and the lighting is much better. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

Something has already replaced the default halo.bmp... :(

Add if not there already these lines to the Display section of the FSX.CFG file, and reduce the values. (I use 0.9, but it looks like you like them even lower so try something like 0.7. I wouldn't go any lower than 0.5, but that's up to you.RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.9RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.9RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.9RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.9

Those shots definately do not show the default halo.bmp.A few addons replace it (but don't tell you they are replacing it)I think there are a few modified versions in the Avsim library. Or if you have UTX, there is a backup of the original halo.bmp and one made by Allen from Scenery Solutions in the main UTX folder in your FSX directory.Paul