Sign in to follow this  
Vuong

Getting around the airport - I get lost!

Guest garymccl

It's true, ever since I started using Radar Contact (which is a great product, by the way).I need something to help me find my way to the terminal. I flew in to Prague last night and got lost trying to taxi. My passengers had to walk over a field in the end.FS Widget EFB looks great, but my system already struggles with frame rates in full-screen mode, and that only supports windowed mode according to the web site. My system wouldn't cope in windowed mode.Any other product out there that can help with that sort of thing?

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Exactly what im after, a moving map that will work in full screen mode ( a bit like FSNAV used to )

Try Airport Chart - downloadable here, free, really nice - I can't fly without it now. Not exactly a moving map, but a complete chart of all runways and taxiways, with a marker to show where you are. Marvellous.

Paul Skol

Gary:Believe it or not, REAL airline pilots get lost too! That's why you always must have a chart of your departure and arrival airports at all times. Go to www.airnav.com or search google for the airport you are looking for by the ICAO identifier.HTH,Mike T.

Guest garymccl

LOL - yeah, I remember being at the Birmingham Airport viewing gallery, where you can listen to the ATC. I recall hearing one of the pilots getting told off for missing his turning. I can imagine it happening quite a bit!My office is not a tidy as those cockpits though -I need some help! lol. *:-* Actually, the previous suggestion of using the Airports Chart gauge is exactly what I need. I've installed it into my LDS767, and it worked great...!

Thanks for the heads up. Just downloaded it and it is marvellous, particularly when I'm using Radar Contact as my ATC. The amount of information given is tremendous, and you really couldn't get lost.jaje

Hi,I use Follow Me program, more realistic than the pink trail of Progressive Taxi. The Follow Me van will take you to the runway or back to the terminal.Jimmy

Intel® Core™ i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 4.7GHz), 2TB Patriot ViperVP4100 NVMe M.2 SSD , 3TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD, 64GB DDR4/3000MHz Quad ChMemory, EVGA GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ FTW3 HYDRO COPPER GAMING 8GB GDDR6 (Custom Water Block), Samsung QLED 32”, Windows 98😀