Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sirocco

Learjet 45 questions

Guest Sirocco

I've searched here and elsewhere without finding an answer to these questions on the Learjet 45.The first is during startup the checklist instructs me to turn fuel flow on, pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F4. Am I correct in thinking this isn't represented anywhere as a button or switch?How do I switch from VOR1 to VOR2 on the main display, so the information that's displayed under the speed tape relates to NAV2? I can't find a switch for that.Also how does FMS work? I've switched between them and noted the changes in the HSI, but I'm still in the dark as to how it operates.And what on earth is the STD button for? I press it and nothing appears to happen.

1) I think you'll find that, as nice as the Learjet VC is, it is nevertheless one of Microsoft's fairly abbreviated representations of the real thing. You should see the default 747 VC. It looks pretty close to the real thing, but it's functionality is very limited. You'll find that a lot of switches never made to production in the default Learjet, and the fuel switch is just one of them.2) The lack of a VOR2 needle on the Learjet HSI is one of the things I've been very frustrated by. There's no fix for it that I've been able to find. When I really need to know the bearing and distance to a VOR in this bird, which is most of the time, I use the Direct To function on the GPS which provides the information, but it is pretty inconvenient.3) The default Learjet is not equiped with a Flight Management System, if that is what you mean by FMS. There is an FMS detent on the HSI mode selector, but I think it is one of those dummy switches you find on the default panels.4) The STD button is for selecting the standard atmospheric pressure used to calibrate the altimeter above about 18000 ft. It is usual to set the altimeter to 29.92 inches Hg above this altitude. The switch might work in the Learjet, I don't know for sure. I usually hit the B key to set the appropriate barometric pressure.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Hi guys, Alexander Barthel has graciously provided the some excellent fixes for the default Lear 45.The first adds the VOR 2 ident/DME and an ADF ident readout to the default Learjet 45 PFD. The second offers this along with some other nice enhancements. You check them out in the library here: http://library.avsim.net/index.php?Sort=Na...Change+CategoryHope it helps.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Alexander's fixes are terrific! I've been using them for months. He's done a fantastic job. He's even added a moving map to the display. Owen

I downloaded and installed the fix for the Learjet, and also one for the CRJ 700 which had a similar problem with a missing VOR2 needle. They both work fantastically, thanks Alexander Barthel. The great thing about them is that they each consist of a .cab file; you rename your old file and copy the new one across, so that it is a cinch to uninstall if ever you get sick of seeing the terrific improvements in the PFD and the ND. Thanks guys!Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest Sirocco

Thanks for the replies. I've downloaded the fixes and I'll test them out with a flight from Rome to Genoa.The new FriendlyPanels Learjet panels look interesting, too:http://www.friendlypanels.net/