Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest RonB49

FSX Control Assignment Deleted!

Hi Folks:The last time I flew with FSX I had my landing gear assigned to one of my toggle switches on my CH yoke. When I flew today the assignment had been deleted! Anyone know why this is happening? Very frustrating! Now I have to go back and figure out how I fixed it before.Thanks!Airbus

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Airbus,Was that the only control deleted? Would seem odd if only one was deleted unless another control accidentally was associated with that switch. You could use the CH control manager program to assign the switches so you could automatically load them each time the computer starts. Also, you might want to post this on the CH forums. Lots of help there.

When FSX sets up the default configuration, a set of axis and button definitions for the CH yoke is written into the Standard.xml file. Later, if you use CH Control Manager to create a map and have that map loaded when you start FSX, then another set of definitions is written into Standard.xml. Another map, another set of definitions.From then on, it matters what you do before starting FSX. Is it possible that you used a CHCM map to assign the gear button? If so and if you forgot to load that map first , then FSX fell back to its default settings and "forgot" your gear button.R-