Sign in to follow this  
Guest PARADISE

AirChina language barrier

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Having a good controller like this guy is critical to safety.Jeff

This must be the same guy when I was flight instructing at KDBA that used to call the control tower in broken English by asking, " Hallo, is this the control tower?". He did this continuously for about a month. One slow afternoon the tower came back at the guy and said, "No sir it is not, this is Burger King...what's your order?"I wish I had recorded that.John M

Agreed, you should here the tower controller at KDCA on a Friday afternoon after the airport has been closed for 45 minutes due to a thunderstorm. The guy is faster than an auctioneer.I have a friend who is a comtroller at Washington Center and he told me of a pretty funny exchange not too long ago. It went something like this: (I'll use an FS9 airline instead of the real thing...to protect the innocent)Center: Airwave xxx I need you to turn to heading xxx. I've got Airforce One passing through landing Andrews.Airwave: Roger, turn xxx Airwave xxxA few seconds go by and this is heard on the frequency on what is probably a stuck mike.Unknown: F*%$ing A#@holeCenter: Aircraft calling Washington Center say again.Silence is finally broken byUnknown: I don't think they voted for the guy, sir