Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

Military Flightline Vans

Active Duty guys,What type of vans transport flightcrews to the planes?UPS-like vans? Durangos? 15 passenger vans?Please mention colors too.I'm learning GMAX and want to populate the flightlines with realistic looking vehicles.Thanks!Jim

We take Dodge vans they are blue, can't remember what they're called, but they're the large boxy kind, they seat about 10 people. The rest of our crew takes a blue bird bus, they are white or blue only.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Depends on the base, service, country etc... Here at Kaneohe, standard white Dodge 15 pax vans, to Enterprise for a rental. If a big homecoming for a complete squadron or Marine unit, its white school buses or tour bus type buses, They have one that has Marine advertisements all over it,Navy/Marine vehicles are normally white, Air Force, as Jeff stated Blue, Army IIRC are green...http://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/i...s/sign_name.jpg

Very cool, looks good, especially those white buses. Yeah I think the blue vans need to be a touch darker, like a royal or navy blue. Keep me up to date on your military projects!Jeff

Jeff

Gents,Here is a link of some of my work so far.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jpdonlin/mhe.htmThere are other models but I got burned out on GMAX. I hope to publish all of them soon.For each of the model of loaders, there will be a BGL that will have the model at the correct height for the aircraft deck. These were modelled after: C-130 (CaptSim), KC-135, KC-10, C-5 (Mike Stone), C-17 FSD.The 40k loader needs an extention to load the KC-10 and that is modelled but not pictured.The blue for the van/bus is about as dark as I could get it before it looked mostly black.Thank you for the assistance! I posted at a real-life aircraft site and got nothing. AVSIM users rock!Jim

Looks great, I like that you've created some AGE (Aerospace Ground Equipment) to populate our air force bases. How will you be integrating these into sceneries?Jeff

Jeff

Hi Jeff.I will be packaging the BGL's that contain the loaders a few ways.1. I will release my version of McGuire Air Force Base. On there will be loaders for the KC-10's, C-17's and KC135's2. I will include the RWY12 xml file one would need to place the equipment using RWY12.3. I will include a TXT file with the GUIDs for those who want to manually drop the loadersI think there is another way (SBuilder?) to place hte objects. I'll try to include that file too.Jim