Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SuperFortress

How to keep popup panels/guages from dissappearing?

Ok you guys know when you press SHIFT-F10 that will bring up the checklist panel. IF you press S to switch views that panel will not dissappear and still remain on the screen. However, the behavior is different with other panels or guages. For example if I press SHIFT-F3 to bring up the GPS and then press S to switch views then the GPS will dissappear and I have to press SHIFT-F3 once again. Is there any way to make certain popup panels/guages persistent so they do not vanish once you press S and switch views? Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I suppose you could undock the panel so that it has its own window. That'll keep it on your screen. :)

I also would love to know this.I will have the minimized gps and autopilot placed in a corner of the screen in vc mode right where I want them and hate having to shift number key to get them back everytime I want to looked around outside.

>What was wrong with my suggestion?I have no clue what was up with my browser but I did not see your response before. In any case, what do you mean by undock? Thank you.

Right-click the panel and choose Undock Window. This will create a new window of just that panel.

>Right-click the panel and choose Undock Window. This will>create a new window of just that panel.There is no undock option when I right click on the GPS window.

What options do you get? What happens if you right-click on other panels (windshield, main panel, throttle quadrant,etc..)?

>>Right-click the panel and choose Undock Window. This will>>create a new window of just that panel.>>There is no undock option when I right click on the GPS>window.If you're in full screen mode there is no option to undock.Q6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx XG 174.74 702/1620/792Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

>What options do you get? What happens if you>right-click on other panels (windshield, main panel, throttle>quadrant,etc..)?The only thing I see when right-clicking on the GPS window is HIDE MENU BAR and CLOSE WINDOW.

>>>Right-click the panel and choose Undock Window. This will>>>create a new window of just that panel.>>>>There is no undock option when I right click on the GPS>>window.>>>If you're in full screen mode there is no option to undock.>So does this mean that there's basically no way to do it?