Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

CaptainSim 757 demo - black glass panel

Guest JIMJAM

YesI bought their C-130 only to find out Paypal had frozen their account due to a large number of customers wanting their money back.I received a email from CS that basically said, Sc** You! Go after PayPal and get us our money.They closed their forums and left everyone in the dark.So everyones download was held hostage until they got their money.Avsim stepped up and the forum you see below was opened for that reason.The only reason I continue to speak up is not for the seasoned simmer. You want to deal with this outfit knowing their shady past and present, go right ahead but do not complain and whine when you get shafted.I want the new flight simmers, some who have never purchased a addon to be aware of what they are getting into.Ive seen alot of good people get ripped off,mistreated and down right lied to. Not just here on Avsim, but go to any of the sim forums and you will see a long trail of CS customer complaints.You are welcomed to visit the Avsim CS forum and see for yourself.

Did you ever get the C-130? I think it's an outstanding aircraft. I'm not sure if CS or PayPal may have been your problem. I used PayPal once quite a few years ago for a non FS purchase and that to was screwed up. I've never used them since.CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAWinXP Pro SP2

Guest JIMJAM

Yes its a great plane but what they did was WRONG.After being dragged through the coals,a few patches, yes its not bad.However, when I turn my car's key and it starts, I do not do a dance and praise my automaker. It is supposed to start.Its when it does not and you contact the dealership that the real test begins.Do they apologize,tell you to bring it right in and actually try to fix it.Or do ignore your call and when you do, its a recording?This is not a value addon. We are talking about the most expensive addon EVER.I feel sorry for those who were strung along for years with the infamous 757 block scheme. Not sure how I feel about them if they threw in good money after bad again.And I am mistaken.I bought their Space Shuttle. I was led to beleive it was the first in the series of space addons which would add apon the shuttle.Maybe being able to launch,missions ect. Well that went nowhere.

Guest UlfB

>Good question so I just did a quick test, including a comparision>with 2 other planes I fly a lot:>Default 172: 2D/38 3D/28>PIC 737: 2D/25 3D/15>ES CJ1: 2D/25 3D/21>CS 757: 2D/17 3D/14PPSFA,Thanks a alot! Good info on relative impacht on fps for these ac.Ulf B

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I too downloaded the demo, although I KNEW what to expect, what I recieved was -- yes, an unflyable aircraft . . .just about what you get when you buy the whole 'real deal'. However I did read somewhere that the flight model was NOT the same, nor would anything much work . . .bingo, correctamondo! Tongue in cheek aside, it's really a shame that CS has gone through so many darned changes through the years with so many different ideas which perhaps worked for them but not the customer. I just find it sort of funny that we now have two companies in the sim world which surve up the greatest eye candy which can be had . . .and they try to make so many trick items about the aircraft that they end up out tricking themselves . . . It's also not that they have poor or non existing support . . . The JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX THEIR OWN PRODUCT. Nuff said . . . let the buyer beware . . .you get what you pay for . . . if you are a good shopper, careful, and very lucky.Best to allClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

>Well, I too downloaded the demo, although I KNEW what to>expect, what I recieved was -- yes, an unflyable aircraft . .>.just about what you get when you buy the whole 'real>deal'. This is absolutely not the case. This is just a Demo, thats it. The aircraft itself is great. I just cannot understand how can you KNOW it is bad if you do not have it...

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Stam, After buying CS products with unstable flight models, beta testing for them and seeing NONE of our suggestions on the beta forum listened to, (about real problems, not just a wish list), suffering through the 'block' system and being VERY dissappointed, and looking at the new aircraft which is a rehash of the FS9 product, I doubt very seriously if CS has changed the way they do business at all.And, not to make this a *?ssing contest, but being honest, CS has some of the best graphics in the business. Their eye candy is almost impossible to beat, as are some of their 'trick' features, which I find very cute and neat. Unfortunately, things like flight models, working panels, autopilots and FMC's don't match the beauty of the eye candy. True, I don't have the 757 for FSX -- nor will I, I've seen too many examples for MY taste of a half finished product, promised fix's and patches that never come to the light of day, and the like. Although this is just MY opinion, seek others and make your own decision. If you have the offering and it works for you, I'm really happy for you . . . unfortunately that is not usually the case for most of us.Best to you and yours, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest Toni Rauch

Hi ClayGreat to see you're 'still around'.......Best,Toni.

>won't fly. Makes you skip this ac and wait for the PMDG MD-11>instead ;-)Bird in the hand...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.