Sign in to follow this  
fulfern

Something worth trying to gain some fps ...

I wrote a little program to shrink the width and depth sizes in the autogen 'default.xml' file. I now can run dense complexity and dense autogen and still average around 39 fps. The values are now 1/4 of what there where and the buildings all look ok. I am using GEX, UTX and FSG with FSX SP2.Has anyone tried doing this?I would like to see what the affects would be for other people.

Guest reignman40

Where can we download your default.xml file. Does it shrink the autogen?

I would love to try this tool out, I've been wondering about the benefits of doing this same thing to my default.xml file.contact me:shasanique@gmial.comthanks,Xav

There is no way to upload the file. It's to big for Avsim.I compressed it with WinRar v3.62.However I could email the rar file.

>Where can we download your default.xml file. Does it shrink>the autogen? Seems to shrink some of the buildings. Can't say it shrinks everything.

Guest JIMJAM

A experimental,untested mod from someone named McCrash.Sign me up!:-lol Been down this road before havent we?Good Luck.

Guest reignman40

I don't think anyone would be a member for 5 years and post 1300+ times just to one day hand out a virus.

Guest JIMJAM

Who said anything about a virus?Now if his name was McVirus......Just kiddin guys.There was a time I would have sacrificed a chicken if I thought it would help FSX.You try it and let us know how it goes.

>Who said anything about a virus?>Now if his name was McVirus......>Just kiddin guys.>There was a time I would have sacrificed a chicken if I>thought it would help FSX.>You try it and let us know how it goes.Yes, interesting.Thanks.

I have sent my 'default.xml' file to two people. I'll wait for them to let me know if the size differences actually make any difference.

A dumb question maybe, why is it too big to upload to Avsim? Mine is only 4.5 MB. Regards, Gerrit Kranenbarg

Guest reignman40

I had no difference in building size. I also have a different AutogenDescriptions.spb than the default so I wonder if that is having a conflict something?

>I had no difference in building size. I also have a different>AutogenDescriptions.spb than the default so I wonder if that>is having a conflict something? Could be I guess. I definitely can see a size difference in some buildings. I have not idea how many buildings are affected by this size change. But I can see the difference when looking at Philadelphia and New York cities.I assume it would have no affect on any custom scenery.

I too have noticed a difference in size of the buildings... I actually like this mod, as now when I pull up to an autogen house in the trike, the pilot looks more about on par with the door and not like the little people in Gulliver's travels! lolGood workxav