Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Developers - PLEASE make a weather program for FSX that WORKS

Guest lingfors

>Actually our 'team' consists of five people, not two.But still not a released product... And a non-functional website to boot.:+

What's wrong with checking the real weather box and use that? It downloads real weather and updates regularly. I do that all the time now.Don

<>Mike,I feel exactly the same. I built a new system back in Feb and wisely moved FS9 to it. I have FSX installed and have bought Aerosoft's Heathrow, MyTrafficX and ASX but try as I might I just can't get excited with it.Aerosoft's EGLL in FSX gives me about 10fps and my system is no slouch. In FS9 with the same scenery it's in the mid 30s. How is it possible that the same scenery plus some moving vehicles and jetways can bring down performance to such a degree?My FS9 install with FSGlobal, Ground Environment, Ultimate Terrain, Ultimate Traffic and ActiveSky gives me everything I need and with frame rates locked at 50 it's a pleasure to fly.I think FSX in some areas looks great when flying low and slow but for us airline pilots who spend most of our time at altitude I agree with you that FS9 is very similar to FSX darker skies excepted.And with several airport scenery developers offering FSX/FS9 packages for the price of one it shows that many people are remaining with FS9.We can only hope that FSXI is not the resource hog of its predecessor.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

HelloFor ALL of the reasons outlined in the first post in this thread.Did you read it ?.Hear are two shots from my location at this momentThe first is ASX weather and is correct as near as possibleThe second is FSX default weather engine.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191657.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191658.jpgIf the weather here was like the FSX shot, i would be out in the garden instead of sitting here :-)

>I really dislike the FSX visibility layer. I hope that isn't>the best ACES can do.>>scott s.Scott, it is IS nasty. Reminds me of FS2000. They did much better with FS9 on this issue. I have to get rid of any vis layers under about 40 or 50nms to keep from getting . . . airsick!NoelQX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X