Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

PAPI Lights stuck

I have many PAPI lights not working at runways. They are always white regardless of how far below you are. The strange thing is that it works at some runways and not at others. I have just reflown YSSY and rung 34L and R both showed white even though I was way below the glideslope and nearly skimming the ground.No add on airports so that is not the issue.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Sydney does not have PAPI lights. It has a different system called T-VASI. With T-VASI, there is a horizontal bar, and a number of lights both above it and below it. If you are on the glide slope, you should only see the bar. If you are high, you will see the bar and one or more lights above. If you are low, you will see the bar and one or more lights below. The lights are all white. (VASI = Visual Approach Slope Indicator, pronounced "vah-zee". "T" = shaped like a "T")T-VASIs are quite common in Australia and New Zealand, but uncommon elsewhere. I believe that YSSY has recently had PAPIs installed RW, but of course, the FS database predates that.