Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gypsy Baron

Logbook stopped recording

I dont often check it but today I noticed it stopped recording back in June 2007, anyone have an idea why?XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I dont often check it but today I noticed it stopped>recording back in June 2007, anyone have an idea why?>>>XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2>AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAM>FEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuff>Computer optimized by www.fs-gs.comHave you crashed an aircraft while on a mission by any chance`sometime after that??

Tks for the replies, I'm just going to delete the thing if I can find it.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

Tks Phill, I'll just leave it as is since it seems to be a recurring problem. I dont really care about logged sim time anyway, was just wondering about it in case it was a symptom for a more serious problem.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

>>I dont often check it but today I noticed it stopped>>recording back in June 2007, anyone have an idea why?>>>>>>XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2>>AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAM>>FEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuff>>Computer optimized by www.fs-gs.com>>Have you crashed an aircraft while on a mission by any>chance`sometime after that??>Any attempt to edit the logbook when an entry containsa 'comment', such as "Aircraft crashed at end of flight"WILL cause the logbook to become corrupted if that entry is not the very last entry.A sign of a corrupted logbook is FSX 'hanging' on the splash screen.NEVER use FSX to edit logbook entries. Instead, use one of the available utilities to do that.Also, the reference to the logbook name has a habit of becoming corrupted which will cause the flight times to not be recorded.I forget where that is located but I think it's in fsx.CFG. Paul