Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bkeske

Carenado C182Q released

Hey, all. I'm not sure of it was mentioned here, but the FSX version of the Carenado C182Q has been released on their website $19.95 USD.It is not announced on their front page so this one may have slipped by.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I got it, installed it, and just got done moving all my old paints over and adding the new specular and bump textures.Frame rates are much improved, and I'm happy to have it 'back' in my hanger again. One of my favorites.Great job as always Carenado...just need them to fix the avionics switch, which seems inoperable right now.

UPDATE...just got a note from Carenado, and the avionics switch has been fixed. Simply download a fresh install (if you already installed it). Looks like the interior model is the only thing that was updated.

UPDATE...just got a note from Carenado, and the avionics switch has been fixed. Simply download a fresh install (if you already installed it). Looks like the interior model is the only thing that was updated.
I have the Carenado C182Q for FSX. Have been in touch with Carenado, and apparently there is an issue with FSX saving certain parameters when you save a flight. I use Virtual Cockpit view the most, but this is applicable to all views. When I save a flight, I always have all the avionics ON, such as comm, nav, ADF, DME, transponder, etc. I also have the yoke removed. When I load the flight later, all the avionics are switched OFF, and the yoke is visible again. Carenado says that FSX is not saving those settings. Does anyone know of a way to save them? I do a lot of saving/loading flights and don't want to have to turn everything on again every time.Barrie