Sign in to follow this  
Guest essoblue

Skysims BAe Hawk - Worth Moving Over to FSX For ??

Hi AllI've been considering a full-blown move over to FSX for some time but have held back waiting for a suitable aircraft to come along that was only available in FSX and that really wetted my appetite.Well, to my surprise, i think i've found one in the shape of Skysim's BAe Hawk T1. The reason i say to my surprise is that i currently only fly heavies in the shape of PMDG's 737NG. However i've been well and truly drawn in by the Hawk itself and the reviews that i've read in both PC Pilot and here at Avsim.However, before making what could be a "life changing" decision (ok, well possibly not that serious) i thought i'd ask if anyone on here has any experience with this package that they'd like to pass on ?One issue that does concern me slightly is the lack of support in Active Camera for FSX. I've read numerous forum postings regarding the alternatives and was wondering if there is a final concensus of opinion as to which approach is best as an AC replacement. Personally, i'm in favour of the solution that utilises Microsoft's Inteli-point mouse software. However, i'm open to better solutions.Thanks for your timeGary

Guest JIMJAM

Run BOTH Sims!I did for a while and enjoyed the best of both worlds.No need for a "full blown" move as IMO you wll regret it.A total HD failure led me to only reloading FSX and I regret it to this day.Even though I am up to my eyeballs in FSX addons, Simmarket's new unlimited download policy has me tempted to reinstall FS9 and rebuild it back to its former glory.The only negative is that you might not have enough HD space but drives are cheap.I also think once you jump through all the FSX install hoops and pray your computer gets along with it, you will be glad you did not delete FS9.

Guest essoblue

Run Both! Why not. FS9 is much less demanding on systems.