Sign in to follow this  
flying_w

Loading Flight Plans for AI Aircraft

When an AI aircraft departs normally, it's interaction with ATC uses the aircraft callsign and flight number. If I load a flight plan for the AI using traffic toolbox explorer, the aircraft uses the aircraft name (e.g. Boeing) and tail number instead.Is this the way it has always been, and is there a way to change this back to the "default"?ThanksSimon

I am not an expert on flight plans. However, it seems to me that I remember that if you fill in the aircraft's registration number and the flight number in the aircraft's aircraft.cfg file, then the compiler will use that to identify the aircraft called on in the FP.If you don't fill in this information, the compiler takes the aircraft's registration number that you place after the "AC#," in the FP and uses that for the callsign. The compiler will use the flight number placed in the FP for each leg of the flight.Again, this may be bad info but...... :-)fb

Thanks for the comments. I think it's just the way FSX is. Perhaps a rationalization is that when an (XML) flight plan is loaded, the aircraft is no longer following the one from the schedule (BGL), and perhaps it may be considered that the original callsign and flight number are no longer valid. In my case, I just load a flight plan to the same original destination, so you could still consider them valid.RegardsSimon