Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art_P

What happened?

I deleted my FSX.CFG file and built a new one from scratch by starting FSX. Why would I suddenly have this change for KMSP? If any of you are familiar with KMSP you can see what I mean. Thanks in advance. Bob G.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thats got nothing to do with a cfg rebuild its just not capable of doing that. Its actually an afcad with cross wind runway support, thats how they are created to achieve the result they want. Its a FS9 fsx silly but only way to do it.

Thanks for the reply. But why would I now have all the non existing runways and grass strips at KMSP?Bob G.

The writer of the reply is trying to tell you that you have an add-on afcad file for that airport which uses the x-wind runway technique to activate runways not previously recognized by ATC in FSX. Usually, the ficticious runways are listed as ice instead of grass because they are located at the north pole. The airport listing from map view you displayed and ATIS messages are payoffs for this technique.Omit the add-on airport file and the problem will be solved. If you want other changes provided by the add-on file, there is often an alternate afcad file offered that excludes the x-wind runways.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor