Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest PPSFA

Help...........Starting Over!

I don't know why, but recently, every time I try to start FSX it hangs on the splash screen and will not start up. I have tried that utility which repairs the logbook with no luck.I have had FS installed from the "beginning" and am considering reinstalling from scratch. Aside from ALL my add-ons I am not sure which essentials have to be installed.Can someone please give me a 'check list' of which programs and in what order to begin?Thanks a lot,Howard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Howard, I am probably the last guy to give any advice, but did you try *repairing* the installation with disc #1?Bruce

Howard, why don't you just install RTM and then SP1 and SP2. It has worked for me several times. Ken

This may or may not help, but I had the same problem once. I had a addon plane set as the default, forgot I did it, and deleted the plane. Once I reinstalled the plane all was well, except for my brain being dead :-) JayXPPro SP2FSX SP2AMD64 FX-60 Dual Core 2.61 GHz8800GTS-640 megs2 Gigs Kingston RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com