Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Overland Once Again

I really like the Overland A/C's and have installed them in FSX with the updated files. For the most part, they work OK except for one problem I have always had with them in FSX. When switching views or going to something in MENU and back, The "out of the window" cockpit view is black and the airport terminals and other scenery areas are gone even from "spot" view. I have tried everything I know to solve this but have not suceeded. I believe this has something to do with the panel or other texture files that are not fully FSX compatible. Is there some program or utility that can convert the files that belong to Overland to make them more friendly with FSX? Am I the only one with this problem. I do not experience this with any other A/C. I am NOT using DX10. I always have the latest video drivers and DirectX available so I know this is not the problem. Can some bright mind share any info on this problem?ThanksWilbertAbit AW9D-Max/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 QuadcoreVista Ultimate 64/CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65/BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core Clock3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controllerFSX ACC@ 1280x1024 - GEX/UTX/ASX/FEX/MTX

Wilbert-You may already have tried this, but since you didn't mention it I thought you might give it a try. You can download the FS9 Overland World Airliners update update to FSX at the site below:http://www.overland.co.jp/public/download/...rbus_update.exehttp://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Thanks for your suggestion but as I did mentioned, I already have done this since its availability. Right now, I cannot imagine what is causing the problem except the format the texture fine are in. It does appear that I am the only one using or having this weird problem with this addon.Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,WilbertAbit AW9D-Max/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 QuadcoreVista Ultimate 64/CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65/BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core Clock3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controllerFSX ACC@ 1280x1024 - GEX/UTX/ASX/FEX/MTX

I believe this has something to do with the panel or other texture files that are not fully FSX compatible. Is there some program or utility that can convert the files that belong to Overland to make them more friendly with FSX? Am I the only one with this problem.
Well I can say for sure it's not an Overland problem. I have both their Airbus and Boeing package and have never had texture problems in FSX, FSX SP1, or FSX SP2 (apart from the 'missing' textures on the aircraft themselves when FSX SP2 is installed, but that is easily remedied by installing their FSX patches which makes them fully FSX compatible). :( Its easier to explain issues with pictures, so, if possible, could you post a screenshot of the problem next time it occurs?Also, does it occur with all Overland aircraft, or just some? All repaints & liveries, or just some? Over any area/scenery? Full screen or window mode?Have you applied any tweaks to your fsx.cfg? What are your sliders set to? :(

CarlThanks for responding. After gathering more information, I have discovered the only A/C i am having problem with is the 747. I will try to explain. When I load FSX with the 747, most of the time all look well out of the 2D panel. I can see the terminal and from the spot view, all the textures are fine however, if I do a "ALT" + "ENTER", all still looks ok. When I go back by pressing "ALT" + "ENTER", the view out of the main window is black and from the spot view, the terminal and other textures are gone. If I start a flight when the textures are all there, I can encounter a disappearing of the textures at anytime. All my sliders in FSX are just about full right. I do not experience this problem with any other aircraft. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. This is strange that no one else has experienced this problem. I would really like to find what the cause of this is. If you or anyone else have any further suggestions I would appreciate it.WilbertAbit AW9D-Max/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 QuadcoreVista Ultimate 64/CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65/BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core ClockNvidia 180.48 drivers3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controllerFSX ACC@ 1280x1024 - GEX/UTX/ASX/ASA/REX/FEX/MTX/

Sounds like a memory leak, or some kind of memory issue, probably graphics memory.Pull a few of the sliders back a notch or two (particularly scenery/autogen), and see if it still occurs.

Still cannot have any success with this panel. I allowed FSX to rebuild a new Fsx.cfg file to be sure I hadn't altered the config file that might cause this. I even removed nHancer and am using the latest nVidia drivers. If I select something in the menu while in FSX and then just "cancel" and go back to cockpit, all the textures return and everything appears normal. This problem is so weird and maybe it is difficult for me to explain. I will attempt to include 2 pics of problem: As I mentioned, I am not experiencing this with any of the other A/C's or panels. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.WilbertAbit AW9D-Max/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 QuadcoreVista Ultimate 64/CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid/2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65/BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core ClockNvidia 180.48 drivers3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water Cooling/Enermax temp/fan controllerFSX ACC@ 1280x1024 - GEX/UTX/ASX/ASA/REX/FEX/MTX/