Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noel

REX: anyone know how it handles FSX's lower vis layer?

This has been pet peeve #1 for me since moving to FSX. The lower vis layer, especially in mountainous areas, just looks sadly fake. Anyway, anyone know about this issue with re to REX? ASX doesn't handle the issue, except their work around which is to purchase XGraphics for a "special" clear texture. Having paid for 3 or 4 of their addons, I just can't part with another dollar to buy a . . . "special clear texture." FEX never got a weather engine, so that's out. If REX fixed this from the get go, I'm on board!Thanks,Noel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

REX has fixed the flat low visibilty. If you read through their forums Tim has replied a few times to this very question and said that they have definitely fixed the problem with their software. How they did it...well I have no clue.It's been my number #1 peeve also with the weather. I can't wait to get my hands on REX.

>REX has fixed the flat low visibilty. If you read through>their forums Tim has replied a few times to this very question>and said that they have definitely fixed the problem with>their software. How they did it...well I have no clue.>>It's been my number #1 peeve also with the weather. I can't>wait to get my hands on REX.Sounds really appealing. Can't wait! I hope the rest of it approaches some of the cherry picked screen shots. Looks very promising indeed.You and I have about the same core system it would appear. What's the best stable Everest latency score you've been able to muster? 46.7ns is about best without getting memtest errors, but I haven't exhausted trial and erroring!QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed