August 16Aug 16 Hi,Firstly, I’m posting here because it seems that Milviz no longer provides support for the FSX/P3Dvx versions.I’m hoping that someone in the know might have a solution to the problem.When I tried to configure the aircraft for cargo mode via MVAMS, once it was loaded into P3D it was still in passenger mode.-So I uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft, and this time it was in cargo mode as required...But to my surprise, in the MVAMS options menu, the sound settings I’d previously had access to had completely disappeared, as had the engine gauge (a green horizontal bar) which lets you see the turbine’s status and thus repair it!Does anyone have any ideas?Thank you and Regards,Richard Portier Richard Portier MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|
August 21Aug 21 On 8/16/2026 at 10:25 PM, DrumsArt said:Hi,Firstly, I’m posting here because it seems that Milviz no longer provides support for the FSX/P3Dvx versions.I’m hoping that someone in the know might have a solution to the problem.When I tried to configure the aircraft for cargo mode via MVAMS, once it was loaded into P3D it was still in passenger mode.-So I uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft, and this time it was in cargo mode as required...But to my surprise, in the MVAMS options menu, the sound settings I’d previously had access to had completely disappeared, as had the engine gauge (a green horizontal bar) which lets you see the turbine’s status and thus repair it!Does anyone have any ideas?Thank you and Regards,Richard PortierThe MVAMS versions tend to be different depending on when an aircraft was released and what version of aircraft it is.What version of PC6 is it ? For example is it the Freebee release version?You'd think the FreeBee release version would be the latest... but it isn't, looks like they messed up version releases...The Freebee release is MV_PC6_v1.3.3_210728 and the latest version I have on my servers is MV_PC6_v1.3.4_210820 where my notes say MV corrected some MVAMS issues & a related CTD, likely due to the WX dll being incompatible with the later releases of P3D v5.Also does MVAMS run with Admin rights ?Depending on where P3D is installed MVAMS may require Admin rights to correctly make changes.Was P3D fully shutdown prior to running MVAMS?MVAMS will tend to fail and result in issues if P3D is running along with MVAMS.Are dependencies installed ?There is a dependency on XML Tools.There are also various other dependencies like various C++, RealLight & TrueGlass.Cheers Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080TiP3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot.
August 21Aug 21 Author Hello,Thank you for all these details. Below are my purchases from MILVIZ.I’ve just realised that I’d bought the P3Dv4 version. I can’t remember whether the P3Dv5 update was free or not. In any case, I had the P3Dv5 version installed and it was working perfectly.I can’t find it in my files. However, I do indeed have the free version. What I don’t understand is this: if I actually had the free version installed – which seemed to be working – why, when I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, did I end up with the error described in my first post?I eventually ‘solved’ the problem by performing a system restore.I imagine the ‘correct’ version (MV_PC6_v1.3.4_210820) you mentioned is inaccessible to me or not?Especially as when I try to download another add-on from my list, I get an error message saying ‘Sorry… we’ve encountered a problem’. In short, I no longer have access to the programmes I’ve bought and paid for! But never mind, it’s less of an issue now that the products are being offered for free. Thanks to MILVIZ for that.I’d at least taken the trouble to back up most of the installers.The answer to the other three questions is yes.Thank you again,Richard.T-38A Redux Advanced Series for P3Dv4 v52019-08-26PC-6 for P3Dv42019-06-07T-38C Advanced Series for P3Dv4 v52019-04-09F-4J/S TP/ADV Addon2018-01-31F-4E Advanced Series Addon2017-04-27F-4E + F-4J/S Standard Edition Bundle, F-4E TacPack Addon2017-03-03C310R Multi-Installer Standard Edition2016-03-31unused / obsolete C310R Dual Installers2015-09-02 Edited August 21Aug 21 by DrumsArt Richard Portier MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|
August 27Aug 27 On 8/21/2026 at 10:25 PM, DrumsArt said:I imagine the ‘correct’ version (MV_PC6_v1.3.4_210820) you mentioned is inaccessible to me or not?I seem to remember DLing it from the Milviz PC6 forum, I also seem to remember informing Milviz forum staff about the Freebee version discrepancy and you can see how that played out.Alas of course their forum has gone kaput when their original domain name expired, so I do not think you'll be able to get it, but you could ask them... sign up to their new forum, it does have some threads from their original forum but none of the P3D aircraft supports are there anymore.I do advise DLing all their Freebees and recording the required serials if you intend to continue flying with P3D, lest one day they all disappear... and I especially recommend the DHC2 Beaver because there are a set of very nice mods for it 😄https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/640383-milviz-dhc-2-beaver-update/Funny thing is Blackbird do build and program for P3D, just not at the consumer level, they said it themselves where that mil dev work got them though the tough times when consumer level purchasing dried up, prior to them getting MSFS aircraft out from their dev hanger, same would apply to A2A, as in both having military contracts where P3D is the sim in use, no doubt the military pay pretty well overall.Cheers Edited August 27Aug 27 by Rogen Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080TiP3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot.
Create an account or sign in to comment